Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 11:44 PM

Default $27s Couple of hands

I was getting haunded tonight for my terrible play by some yahoo while I was 6 tabling. How do you like my line on these two hands

Hand 1:

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t2880)
UTG+1 (t958)
MP1 (t721)
MP2 (t1335)
Hero (t1435)
Button (t2510)
SB (t1686)
BB (t1975)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP1 raises to t721 (All-in)</font>, MP2 calls t721, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1435 (All-in)</font>

Wasn't worried about the first raiser and felt like I still probably had the best hand. Looking accumilate chips. Terrible?

Hand two:

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t3570)
CO (t4630)
Button (t2190)
SB (t1075)
Hero (t2035)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t1075 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t875

This hand, the call seems way to easy.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: $27s Couple of hands

Hand 1, I need to know MP2 to be shoving over him ... hes calling half his stack and likely isnt going anywhere - if one of them isnt already beating you, we are lucky if its just 3 overs we have to dodge (5 times)

Hand 2, if sb is pushing ATC I have it as 2.5% to call, and 1.5% if he is pushing 53% ... I think in game I am laying this down, we still have 10 bbs but are crippled if we call and lose ... also I think more likely than not, we are going to need to catch up here, vs a smaller pair, an ace, or a better king . However if this is against a regular who pushes into me often, Im definitely calling

Just my 0.02
Old 06-12-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, I need to know MP2 to be shoving over him ... hes calling half his stack and likely isnt going anywhere - if one of them isnt already beating you, we are lucky if its just 3 overs we have to dodge (5 times)

Hand 2, if sb is pushing ATC I have it as 2.5% to call, and 1.5% if he is pushing 53% ... I think in game I am laying this down, we still have 10 bbs but are crippled if we call and lose ... also I think more likely than not, we are going to need to catch up here, vs a smaller pair, an ace, or a better king . However if this is against a regular who pushes into me often, Im definitely calling

Just my 0.02

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

Many 2p2 players seem to forget that despite the fact that many of us are aware of various wide pushing situations, the people we play against generally have no idea, so their range is tighter than it should be.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:33 AM

1)Easy fold, he's never folding &amp; you probably aren't even ahead of his range
2)Easy fold unless he's pushbot or 2p2, etc.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1)Easy fold, he's never folding &amp; you probably aren't even ahead of his range
2)Easy fold unless he's pushbot or 2p2, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really disagree with both, both seem ultra nitty.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:54 AM

These both seem incredibly standard.
Hand 1 is closer, but guys will makes stupid overcalls without realizing there are people to act behind.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:11 AM

i dont see myself folding either....hand 1 could be closer, but there is a lot of overlay for what is likely the best hand.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 AM

even idiots push wider than a lot of you give them credit for. they may not no why they do it, but it happens.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:17 AM

1. One is fairly close, I would fold as you are almost always up against a bunch of overcards at best, MP2 could be smooth calling with a big hand, he committed himself and didn't shove to protect his hand which is a little suspicious.

2. Call quickly here unless villian is a nit.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:43 AM

In Hand 1: I figured MP2 either had me crushed or I was ahead. I wasn't worried about MP1 at all. I figured I had the best hand and went with it. If they both share the same overlays, I'm in good shape. We not at the bubble and I need to accumilate chips. Seemed like a decent spot to get a chip stack or go home.

In Hand 2: I snap called this. Villian was 22/11. I figured he was pushing any two cards. K-10 is near the end of my calling range here but it seemed like there was a very high chance that I had the best hand. He showed 5-3.

Going back and checking this again. I notice MP2 had a high VPP into the pot up to this point. I figured they didn't have a bigger pair than.