Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 PM

Default 200NL | I get 4bet holding aces :)

Villain is Yet Another Random LAGTAG (YARLAGTAG!), running at 25/20/6. He has an ATS of 45%. I already 3bet him a couple of times in the same exact situation. Other than that I've been running pretty tight, except for one hand where I called a 3bet OOP with KQs, flopped FD+FS and got it in with QQ.

Obviously my standard play would be to shove. I would always do so with KK/QQ/AK. However, this small 4bet looks a ton like "[censored] you, stop 3betting my CO opens". So is there some merit to just calling and hoping he c-bets or at least flops some sort of pair that can pay me off?

Or min5bet? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $23.50
BB: $253.00
UTG: $203.00
MP: $26.00
CO: $290.95
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $532.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $60.00</font>
Old 06-11-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: 200NL | I get 4bet holding aces :)

just shove. you dont wanna second guess yourself if a Q or K flops.
and hes not folding JJ+ or AQ+ after 4-betting.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:50 PM

the plan would be to never fold any flop. that'd be pretty bad after putting in so much of my stack.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just shove. you dont want your opponent to second guess himself if a Q or K flops or he otherwise does not connect

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the plan would be to never fold any flop. that'd be pretty bad after putting in so much of my stack

[/ QUOTE ]

ya it would be, but i think he calls with a pretty wide range here. especially since youve been beating up on him and he prob thinks youre making moves pretty light. adn calling a 4-bet has to look more scary as pushing right? if you call, he KNOWS you have QQ+ and mostly AA/KK. if you psuh he can put you on AK and make a heroic call with like 88.

i think the times he calls a shove PF make you more money than the times you flat call and get just a c-bet out of him, then he shuts down. and wehn you call a 4 bet hes not even c-betting every flop either...

bilbo-
agreed 100%
Old 06-11-2007, 11:06 PM

Yeah, shove. Just calling his 4-bet still shows tons of strength, and there's a good chance he won't cbet if he doesn't like the flop.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just shove. you dont want your opponent to second guess himself if a Q or K flops or he otherwise does not connect

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice point sir.

Shove looks good. He's usually not folding once he 4b's. If he does fold, well, take the free bb's at no risk and now he'll probably really be annoyed with you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Shoving is definitely best here. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's never folding for 115 more bb's tho. Seems a bit ridiculous. To me it seems that if he's smart he's made the raise the perfect size to be able to fold easily.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:25 PM

I dunno, somehow I just get a lot of 4bet/folds when people are fed up with me. Less than 4bet/calls. He obv. folded this time, and pretty quickly too, so I assume he had air.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shoving is definitely best here. I'm not sure why everyone thinks he's never folding for 115 more bb's tho. Seems a bit ridiculous. To me it seems that if he's smart he's made the raise the perfect size to be able to fold easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm villain this is how I play a bunch of hands that are now total bluffs, and monsters. I'm rarely making this bet with ak, jj, etc planning to call a shove cause I'm committed, at least not without some very strong read/history.