Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Triple Barrell

I've been trying to experiment lately with playing a bit more aggressive post flop. I feel like I've been playing much too predictably after the flop and have been giving up on pots too easy. I'm posting two hands where I tried to play more aggressively then I normally would. Here is the first one. I'll give the other hand its own thread.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $65.30
BB: $50.75
UTG: $26.05
MP: $57.45
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $49.25</font>
BTN: $44.30

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is a 38/19 and I feel like he is capably of floating this flop with a wide range of hands.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.50</font>, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.00</font>, BTN calls $3.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, BTN calls $7.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($23.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>

I felt like this was a good turn card to double barrel on. After he just flat called the turn I didn't think he had a strong hand. Either a draw or he is still on a Q. Good spot to fire again on this river?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Triple Barrell

terrible spot.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:24 PM

agreed...this is a really bad board to be bluffing on especially someone with his stats

~DKSNHU
Old 06-11-2007, 05:25 PM

I probably wouldnt fire 1 barrel let alone 3
Old 06-11-2007, 05:26 PM

Could you guys perhaps put a villain on a hand he is playing this way and calling the river. I would just suspect any made hand that can call a river bet here would have raised that turn.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you guys perhaps put a villain on a hand he is playing this way and calling the river. I would just suspect any made hand that can call a river bet here would have raised that turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make the mistake of thinking that bad players play hands the same way good players do. He could have a ton of stuff here that he might call with, including slowplayed monsters, A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], or like I said before, even Qx.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:30 PM

I don't like it.

First of all, this is one of those situations where I probably wouldn't cbet, even HU.

As for the double barrel, meh. If you're going to cbet then I guess the double barrel on this card is okay.

The river bet is not a good idea. Most (though not all) SSNL opponents aren't good enough to think in terms of hand ranges and adjusting those hand ranges based on people's actions. They either think "He has an Ace" or "He doesn't have an Ace." And, well, if he's got a Q, then he decided on the turn that you don't have an A, and I think you'll be disappointed by how often he'll call the river if that's the case, because the river changed nothing at all.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:38 PM

Any info on an aggression rating and how many hands that you have on the villain???

Just looking at it, doubt the villain is floating here when he calls 3/4 bet on the turn. He almost def has a piece of this here. Only hand that you are really going to fold out here on the river after 2 cold calls is a busted flush. KJ got there on the turn, and J9 probably raises the turn. Dont see a 2 pair hand slow playing the flop though either.

Would be a lot easier to put this villain on a hand if we knew if there was history and what the agg factor is.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Also note that we're beating any busted draw that doesn't have a pair, so we might even win at SD if villain gives up and checks behind with those hands.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
terrible spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't bluff a calling station...