Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Very Rookie Question about 2-7

Hi everyone,

I'm not posting this in the beginners forum because I'm worried that not enough people will be able to answer me. The question is very basic though, so sorry for boring anyone.

Basically, when you're playing triple draw live, what is the standard way to look at your cards? Do you just go for a Holdem/Omaha style flick-up? Five cards just seems like quite a lot to do at the same time. Presumably it's not cool just to pick them up???

While I'm at it, I think I've read a few posters mention a 'wheel' in the context of 2-7. What does this mean? I assume it can't mean A2345 as that would be a pretty bad hand.

Thanks to anyone willing to enlighten me.

MO
Old 06-11-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Very Rookie Question about 2-7

23457 is the wheel or number 1 i believe.

you know how i look at my cards... (a slow squeeze)
Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 PM

If you ever get a chance to watch the broadcast of the 2004 WSOP Kansas City Lowball event you can see how the pros do it. Most will peek at one card corner at a time, either letting the others fall flat (sort of a riffle) to the table or shuffling through all five. Some will pick up all five, sidewise, hiding them behind the opposite hand. (Maybe I can find some screen captures if I have time and post them on lowballgurus.)

In 2-7 the "wheel" is 23457.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

I'm not posting this in the beginners forum because I'm worried that not enough people will be able to answer me. The question is very basic though, so sorry for boring anyone.

Basically, when you're playing triple draw live, what is the standard way to look at your cards? Do you just go for a Holdem/Omaha style flick-up? Five cards just seems like quite a lot to do at the same time. Presumably it's not cool just to pick them up???

While I'm at it, I think I've read a few posters mention a 'wheel' in the context of 2-7. What does this mean? I assume it can't mean A2345 as that would be a pretty bad hand.

MO

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-11-2007, 02:37 PM

when they 'pick up' all five are they sort of standing them on end or squeezing them a la holdem? i think i'll give the riffle a go anyway. screenshots would be cool.

thanks for the help
Old 06-11-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when they 'pick up' all five are they sort of standing them on end or squeezing them a la holdem? i think i'll give the riffle a go anyway. screenshots would be cool.

thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the riffle is coolest, but more players than I remembered look at all five at once. Here's some captured frames:

http://wiki.lowballgurus.com/article/Holding_Your_Cards
Old 06-11-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you ever get a chance to watch the broadcast of the 2004 WSOP Kansas City Lowball event you can see how the pros do it. Most will peek at one card corner at a time, either letting the others fall flat (sort of a riffle) to the table or shuffling through all five. Some will pick up all five, sidewise, hiding them behind the opposite hand. (Maybe I can find some screen captures if I have time and post them on lowballgurus.)

In 2-7 the "wheel" is 23457.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

MO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an idiot and didn't save this video when it was posted awhile back. Anyone still have this link? ESPN did a great job covering this event I think.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm an idiot and didn't save this video when it was posted awhile back. Anyone still have this link? ESPN did a great job covering this event I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

You cannot post links to copywritten content on 2+2, its against the forum rules.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You cannot post links to copywritten content on 2+2, its against the forum rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Copyrighted" please. Copywriting is something totally different.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly it was posted on ESPN's site and they are the owners of the video.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly it was posted on ESPN's site and they are the owners of the video.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its hosted on ESPN's site then its cool, if its a torrent link, a non-authorized hosting on YouTube, or some other copyright infringement then we aren't allowed to post it (keep in mind 2+2 is a publisher, rights ownership is an issue for publishers). Last time I recalled the link it was removed because it was a downloadable file, but if its really on ESPN then of course its 100% a-ok!