View Poll Results: limit: 1000 BB, NL
20 3 9.38%
40 9 28.13%
60 9 28.13%
80 4 12.50%
100 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Opinions on the new FTP update (w/ cliffnotes)

Earlier last week, FTP Doug announced a new FTP update in this thread. This update included the addition of time banks, disconnection time banks, and login security enhancements.

In my opinion, the new update is terrible and I hate almost everything about it. First of all, I do not like how the standard decision time is shorter (the time before the game beeps at you and starts counting down your rainbow). The shorter standard decision time creates a hectic playing environment for multi-tablers. The action is a lot faster and the number of beeps has increased. I do not want to cut down the number of tables I play just because the play is faster. The beeps are very annoying and I cannot stand them. I have looked into a way to turning them off but I do not think it is possible. Overall, I feel that the shortened standard decision time makes me feel a lot more rushed to act. However, I understand that the shortened time makes the games faster allowing for more hands/hr.

The other issue I have with this update deals with the new time banks. Why do the time banks have to be manually activated? I definitely think that the time banks should be automatically activated after your rainbow runs down. Imo, the standard decision time should be put back to the way it was and the time banks should be automatically activated. I know this would probably decrease the number of hands/hr but the amount of time in the time bank could possibly be decreased.

I have created this thread in an effort to share my opinion about the new update and receive other opinions. I would like to know what you guys think of the update and why. Please try to avoid just posting weather you like or dislike the update. Try to expand on your reasons why it is amazing or why it completely sucks.

Cliffnotes: The new FTP update sucks and I hate it. The shortened standard decision time makes the flow of the game too fast and creates more beeps. Also, the time banks should be automatically activated.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Opinions on the new FTP update (w/ cliffnotes)

as someone who plays 4 tables of 6max at a time, i love the update. i don't feel rushed in my decisions and i have not timed out even once in about 11 hrs of play. i have gotten around 75-100 more hands/hr since the update.

also, having to activate the time back manually does not bother me since i am used to having to do this from playing on stars.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:03 PM

op, why don't you want to decrease the number of tables you play? it will work out to the same number of hands per hour.

as far as the time banks, i disagree that they should be activated automatically. the way they work is that if you don't use them for a while, time gets saved up and you'll have a ton of time for a big decision when you need it.

if i'm playing a few big hands at once, i'm happy to let the time run down on my 83o on another table while i deal with the big money decisions. if my time bank got activated automatically for something like that i'd be pissed.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
op, why don't you want to decrease the number of tables you play? it will work out to the same number of hands per hour.

as far as the time banks, i disagree that they should be activated automatically. the way they work is that if you don't use them for a while, time gets saved up and you'll have a ton of time for a big decision when you need it.

if i'm playing a few big hands at once, i'm happy to let the time run down on my 83o on another table while i deal with the big money decisions. if my time bank got activated automatically for something like that i'd be pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT.

This update is great. The only thing I don't like is that the time to choose blind options has been reduced, and as someone who switches tables a lot, occasionally it can cause me to miss an orbit.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:10 PM

I 9 table and have no problem with it.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:47 PM

While they could add a few sec to decisions, this update is great. Love time banks.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Ok, I play on FT and I often 12-table cash games at 100NL. This past week I have been playing SNGs and MTTs though so I havent had to experience the new updates w/ the time bank. I actually want even aware that the initial time to the first beep had decreased. What was it before? 15 seconds? Then anotehr 15 seconds until you actually time out? What is it now? 10 seconds before the first beep then 10 seconds to time out? If that is the case then I agree w/ the OP in that it is an awful new addition and is designed for the sole purpose of speeding hands along so FT can generate more rake and profit.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Faster games = awesome
Time banks = awesome

Very happy with this update.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Faster games = awesome

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-10-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, I play on FT and I often 12-table cash games at 100NL. This past week I have been playing SNGs and MTTs though so I havent had to experience the new updates w/ the time bank. I actually want even aware that the initial time to the first beep had decreased. What was it before? 15 seconds? Then anotehr 15 seconds until you actually time out? What is it now? 10 seconds before the first beep then 10 seconds to time out? If that is the case then I agree w/ the OP in that it is an awful new addition and is designed for the sole purpose of speeding hands along so FT can generate more rake and profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure FTP benefits from dealing hands faster, but so does everyone.

For multitablers, they will have to scale back the number of tables they play which will lead to softer games all around while the multitablers maintain a similar number of hands per hour as before.