Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 03:27 PM

Default 2nd Nut Flush on Scary Board

Villain seems somewhat reasonable. Whats my play? I ruled out villain holding AA KK and K4 as I think AA and KK reraise and hes not playing K4 I guess A4 33 44 and something like KQs JQs are all reasonable.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($54.35)
CO ($49.25)
Hero ($101.20)
SB ($25.20)
BB ($52)
UTG ($50.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4.

Turn: ($14) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $11</font>, Hero calls $11.

River: ($36) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $35 (All-In)</font>, Hero.....
Old 06-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: 2nd Nut Flush on Scary Board

He probably has a flush. It's probably a good one. But I would call and hope the 2:1 I was getting was good enough.

It helps a little that PPs with a spade in it should be in his range, but it really does worry me that he's pushing the board-pairing river even after getting called on the turn. And, meanwhile, it's not a good sign that, from his perspective, a naked Ts gives just the third-highest flush. Hopefully he's pushing at least partly out of frustration/desperation or because he misinterpreted your turn call and thinks you just have AK.
Old 06-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Think I would have folded on the turn, river is an abvious fold unless you've got a specific read on the BB.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:38 PM

Why would you fold the turn, he made a moderate sized bet and you have the second nut flush. I cant see folding here ver for this amount.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:39 PM

2nd nut flush doesn't mean much on this board. Fold imo
Old 06-10-2007, 09:43 PM

I Think is a relatively easy fold?, anyone think the turn here is a perfect place for a mini raise?

I just dont think your good here...... Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? 33?
Old 06-10-2007, 10:01 PM

Interesting hand.
He can't have the full house unless he bluffed the turn and if he has the flush, he should be a little worried by the board pairing on the river.
I'd discount somewhat the fullhouse as he should pot control check/call turn hoping to fill up on his set.
He woke up and bet out strong when the flush completed so w/o reads saying he can bluff boards like that, the flush looks very likely.
It's got to be the queen or the ten and betting the ten like that, especially with the board pairing (giving hero more ways to beat him), takes cajones.
I'd let him have it.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 PM

Yeah, very odd hand. If he had a set, why would he bet the turn like that? I'd call with the pot odds and hope 2nd flush is good enough.