Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2007, 05:41 AM

Default 25 nl busted draw fire on river?

Villain just sat down, no reads

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($26.95)
Button ($35.55)
SB ($24.50)
Hero ($46.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($3.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, SB calls $2.50.

River: ($8.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero?

I didnt really put him on AK, the more I thought about it the more i put him on some other kind of draw or a mid pair he would fold to a second bullet. Who bets and who checks behind? Was turn bet good too?
Old 06-10-2007, 06:10 AM

Default Re: 25 nl busted draw fire on river?

Definitely raise the flop. A lot of the time you'll win immediately, and otherwise you'll be building a big pot for your big draw. Even against a nightmare range for villain you have at least 42% equity on the flop. As for the river, bluffing without reads at micro limits is generally considered a no-no. You'll continuously be surprised and disappointed by how little they'll call you with.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely raise the flop. A lot of the time you'll win immediately, and otherwise you'll be building a big pot for your big draw. Even against a nightmare range for villain you have at least 42% equity on the flop. As for the river, bluffing without reads at micro limits is generally considered a no-no. You'll continuously be surprised and disappointed by how little they'll call you with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 AM

A flop raise is an option. In my opinion, calling is okay too, after which I do think the turn semibluff when checked to is a good play. But once you get called there, I would probably give up, even though the river barrel will sometimes work. The thing is, you're going to get called down lighter than usual in this blind-steal situation, and Villain's turn call indicates he has something.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 AM

raise the flop and bet the turn so that you have just about a PSB left on the river and shove that in on A rivers and when you hit your draw.