Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Finishing Position Stats Question (LC)

I play primarily the $11+1 9man turbos on FT. I only have a hand history record for my last 350sngs, so my results are probably not yet indicative of my real win rate, but I have been going at about an 18% roi rate and my finishing position stats are as follows:

1st: 12%
2nd: 24%
3rd: 12%
4th: 16%
5th: 10%
6th-9th: 26%

My question lies in the fact that my 2nd places are twice as high as my first places and this, to me, means that there is a problem with my heads up play (I understand that I've only been in about 126 heads up situations in my 350 sngs so my sample size is too small to make any truly conclusive observations, but you need a smaller sample size to determine heads up skill). I am aware of the NE unexploitable heads up method, but I deviate from it often because it is obviously not optimal. However, I am beginning to wonder if I am actually performing more poorly than I would if I strictly followed NE heads up structure. I am curious as to how often winning players on this board take 1st compared to 2nd and 3rd in $11+1 or $22+2 sngs.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Finishing Position Stats Question (LC)

48% itm is redic high which leads me too believe you're just making the money a lot and as a result when you get heads up you are the short stack most of the time. This is causing your high 2nd place finish % and probably not necesarily poor heads up play.

I don't play STT sngs anymore but my itm % were always 3rd>1st>>2nd and what I think most players go for.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Finishing Position Stats Question (LC)

Official How am I doing so far Thread

LOCKING.
Closed Thread