Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 01:25 AM

Default (25NL) ATo in BB - Two Pair Counterfeited

New to NL from Limit and SNGs. Be gentle...

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $26.90
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $29.05</font>
UTG: $22.35
UTG+1: $11.00
MP1: $29.30
MP2: $12.35
CO: $32.65
BTN: $5.20

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">SB is 47/2/1.2 over 45 hands. Level 1 thinker, doesn't like to fold, especially hands like TPNK and any draws.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
5 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.50</font>, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14.00</font>, SB calls $10.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($29.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($29.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $39.50 ($1.45 Rake)

I felt so lost here. Was the check on the turn bad? Standard fold on the river, even getting 4:1? What do I beat?
Old 06-09-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: (25NL) ATo in BB - Two Pair Counterfeited

Easy fold. Everything got there, his line of c/r the flop looks clearly like a decent draw.

4 to 1 odds is great if you know you aren't dead. Here, you are clearly going down the river without a paddle.

good fold.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:13 PM

What about the turn check? Should I have bet, even though my two pair was counterfeited?
Old 06-09-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the turn check? Should I have bet, even though my two pair was counterfeited?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Dana, glad to see you made it to cash! Finally got tired of the SNG's huh?

As for the hand, I'm not crazy about the raise on the flop unless you specifically planned to push any non-heart rag on the turn. If so, then it's a good play.

As played, you're in a tough spot now that you get counterfeited on the turn. I'd probably check behind here too. River is clearly a fold.

P.S. I'd probably 3-bet this preflop. The donkish min-raise from the button is usually a reraise with any two cards much less a decent hand like you had.