Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Why can\'t the sites use FedEx, UPS, or DHL?

Seriously, this is ridiculous. Why can't customers from the USA choose to cash out via FedEx or other overnight couriers? There is no way FedEx and the others are going to ban online poker sites, they don't even have to know the check is from a poker site, do they? Thoughts or reasons why the sites don't use overnight checks anymore would be appreciated, thanks.

PS I would be more than willing to pay $30 to get a check delivered overnight, so money would not be the problem here. The sites wouldn't have to pay for it, at least give us an option!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Why can\'t the sites use FedEx, UPS, or DHL?

partypoker used 2 do this , not sure why full tilt or stars dont do it....
Old 06-08-2007, 11:26 PM

Its called lawyers. Corporate counsel will advise there is a slight posibility that the company could be liable under UIGEA. Since theses transaction are such a small part of their income (UPS/FEDEX) they listen to corporate counsel and communicate to their sales staff not to allow poker checks to use thier service.

High volume UPS/FedEx customers have their own account rep. When my company shipped out about $6,000 per month in packages I would get a visit from my UPS rep about twice a year. 6k per year is a very small account. They would enquire how I was using their services, suggest prdocuts and occasionally give us discounts based on volume for their services. My guess is the sales reps told the companies that do check fullfillments for stars/ftp to not use Fedex/UPS for these checks. The fullfillment houses agreed.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:34 AM

It's a legal issue. This should be fairly obvious.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:01 AM

they do deliver by fedex some sites, but the check is actually processed by their dummy corp.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:49 AM

The sites are not sending the checks. The sites use third party payment processors. There are probably some legal ramifications involved.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:06 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. We need to put our heads together here and think of a serious solution for withdrawing. There has got to be some kind of work around. Waiting 45 days for a check is not going to cut it for me. I am really sick and tired of waiting this long. Do you remember in the good old days, when we used to complain about withdrawals taking 72 hours to get to our NETeller account? I really miss those days.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies everyone. We need to put our heads together here and think of a serious solution for withdrawing. There has got to be some kind of work around. Waiting 45 days for a check is not going to cut it for me. I am really sick and tired of waiting this long. Do you remember in the good old days, when we used to complain about withdrawals taking 72 hours to get to our NETeller account? I really miss those days.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with them taking 45 days has nothing to do with UPS, FedEx or DHL. It has to do with the payment processors.

I mean, it only takes a few days to mail a letter.