Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Stars vs. Full Tilt - 100NL player looking for a home

Ugh. I hate that I have to ask this but circumstances have forced it I guess. I'm a Canadian player who plays 100NL. I have played at Party Poker exclusively for the past few years however, due to the current drama between Party and their affiliates, I have lost my unmentionable ( yeah yeah I know... poor me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Since Neteller is no longer an option thus making it increasingly difficult to move money around, my preference would be to play at one site.

I'd like to hear some opinions on Stars vs. Full Tilt.

Games seem to be a little easier on Stars however there is no RB. Does the game quality and FPPs of Stars make it better than FT with RB.

Plus there constantly seems to be a lot of drama on this board around the security at Full Tilt (which may not be a bad thing).

Opinions? Is there another site I am overlooking? Something smaller like Pokerchamps? Kind of a basic question for you guys who play multiple sites but any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Stars vs. Full Tilt - 100NL player looking for a home

I play SH FR and do a lot of bonus whoring, so YMMV, but I don't play much on the big US sites. Nothing wrong with them, I played at Stars during their recent promo and made out quite well. However, we have so many great choices...take advantage! My two favorite homes right now are iPoker and OnGame. Crypto has nice bonuses, but I only play there a little bit, as it's pretty nitty. I clear up a lot of signup bonuses at Microgaming as well.

The biggest downside to most of these sites versus Stars/FT is table selection. If you're a big multi-tabler, it's likely tough to find enough tables at some of the smaller sites. I mostly 1-2 table, 3-4 at the most.

As far as moving money around, it's a piece of cake with Moneybookers and/or Click2Pay, unless you're playing higher stakes.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:50 PM

I'm not a huge multi-tabler. I usually play 3 or 4 tables at most. When I was a limit player I used to chase bonuses all over the place. Since switching over to NL I find bonuses difficult to clear. Couple that with the loss of Neteller and I kind of lost interest in bouncing from site to site - too much of a hassle.

Years ago I used to play the Cryptos to clear the monthlies but the software was painful - and again switching to NL kind of killed it for me. I'll take a look at the iPoker skins though.

Mostly I want to be able to log on any time of day and have a selection of games to choose from. For this reason I figured Stars or FT would be my best options.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 PM

WPEX
Old 06-08-2007, 10:00 PM

at NL$100, the rb at FT is the better option... unless you are aupernova at stars, then its very comparable, if not better... just from a money standpoint
Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 PM

RB is only going to give you an additional 3BB/100 or thereabouts, and I'm pretty sure that the games at Party are soft enough to easily make up that difference.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:14 PM

If you play enough to get Supernova at Stars (doesn't sound like you do, or at least it would take you 5 or 6 months to get it) then Stars "rakeback" is better than FTP's rakeback at $100NL. If you can at least get Platinum, you're in the same ballbark as FTP but FTP rakeback is a little better. (At $100NL, Platinum is about 22K hands per month).

I play full time at Stars, but I played at FTP for a couple weeks not long ago to clear a reload. I found the games at FTP ($50NL and $100NL full ring) to be more nity but also more straightforeward than Stars. Not as many donkeys and complete fools, but also not as many good regulars making sophisticated plays. The average quality of play is not very different, but I'd say FTP runs closer to the median, not as many really good or really bad players.

Stars support>>>>>>>FTP support.

I used to play Ongame a lot. The games are quite good, however the software is really brutal particularly if you multi-table heavily. And the support is as bad as Party.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RB is only going to give you an additional 3BB/100 or thereabouts, and I'm pretty sure that the games at Party are soft enough to easily make up that difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely considering this as well. I know what my winrate is at Party and I'm not sure I'd be able to replicate it elsewhere. There are some good players but there are far more guys willing to call off their entire stack with top pair. I'm not sure I'd see this with the same frequency at other sites.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 PM

If you play enough to get Supernova at Stars (doesn't sound like you do)

Definitely not. I'm in the 13,000 hand a month range. I own my own business so that takes up the bulk of my time. Poker is more like a hobby that lets me make a few bucks so we can take and extra vacation during the year.

Based on what I'm reading the best choice may be to move to FT or stay at Party. Stars is probably not the best option considering I'm a relatively low volume player.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely considering this as well. I know what my winrate is at Party and I'm not sure I'd be able to replicate it elsewhere. There are some good players but there are far more guys willing to call off their entire stack with top pair. I'm not sure I'd see this with the same frequency at other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

$0.5/$1 NL 6max Pokerstars:

villian KK
hero AA

preflop villian raises 3xBB
hero calls

flop: 283 rainbow

villian tiny bets
hero minraise
villain folds.