Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 03:09 PM

Default My two pair vs. a TAG\'s turn donk

I've played a bit with the CO for the last week or so. I have him at 22/13/1.7 over 175 hands. He does show down a bit too often though, especially when he has been the aggressor at some point in the hand. Even so, I don't remember him showing down too many weak hands against me. When he's been on my left, I've stolen his blinds quite often and he puts up little resistance. When he's been on my right, I've 3-bet him a lot in position, with his usual response being to check and fold on the flop or turn. When he has check/raised me, I've usually folded on the turn except when his set owned my TPTK.

I haven't seen him donk a turn before, so what is our plan from here?

Also, I think PF is ok with my read(I fold AT though), but if someone wants to tell me it's a poor choice or that I should be doing this without a read, feel free.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 06-08-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: My two pair vs. a TAG\'s turn donk

raises
Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 PM

what's your read on SB?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 PM

Grunch (and this reasoning may be wrong!!!!)

this looks a lot like a set of jacks or a set of tens to me. He would have capped Aces preflop. I think he's trying to use your aggression to his advantage to hide a set.

With Jacks, we have 2 outs to win. With Tens, we have 4 outs to win. Getting 7.5:1 from the pot, we're 10.5:1 to improve. I don't see how the turn helped him on anything he would have raised pre-flop.

I think I fold here.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this looks a lot like a set of jacks or a set of tens to me. He would have capped Aces preflop. I think he's trying to use your aggression to his advantage to hide a set.

With Jacks, we have 2 outs to win. With Tens, we have 4 outs to win. Getting 7.5:1 from the pot, we're 10.5:1 to improve. I don't see how the turn helped him on anything he would have raised pre-flop.

I think I fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 6 max i could never find a fold here for one turn donk, i want to raise it / call 3-bet
Old 06-08-2007, 03:42 PM

this is the second time I get caught not reading the number of players. I need to look for that next time. I don't play 6 max.

What do you think Villain is betting with?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's your read on SB?

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad. ~15 hands at the time. Seems looser and more aggressive than an average .5/1 player. He 3-barreled a flush draw OOP in a three handed pot, pushed hard with flopped top pair out of the blinds, and slowplayed flopped trips till the turn.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think folding to this donk is bad. However if I call or raise and then SB wakes up CO with still gassing it and it's two back to me, then I'd consider it. I don't like folding for 1BB though.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:54 PM

Is this a situation where we ignore the math? Sorry for all of the questions - I'm trying to learn and hope that my questions don't derail the original posted topics.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:55 PM

pf is fine, standard.
flop is fine, standard.
with top two in 6m (which is aggressive by its nature) a fold here is beyond awful and a call is almost as bad. 100% raise please.