Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Raising standards in a really loose game

I was trying out Party the other day and it was loose, really loose. Not that uncommon with 3-, 4- or even 5-handed pots. My concern is when I'm in hijack or CO or maybe Button and I have a limper infront of me and I am nearly 100% certain I will get at least one more caller behind me if I raise. What is your raising standards here and do you ever consider just calling marginal hands here or do you much them? I am used to the climate on Wpx and there you can easily raise in the CO to isolate a loose limper this does not apply in the games I played the other day. Maybe it's good to tighten up and skip the marginal hands with some showdown value and instead consider playing hands like medium suited connectors with good implied odds? I would also appreciate your thoughts on playing low pp's in the same position.

Long boring post [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Raising standards in a really loose game

yeah u can tighten up a bit id go like A9o where id normally isolate A7o, A8s probably, K9o JTs id normally do u could probably go down to K9s QTs KTo or something, i usually iso raise 55 66 without question but if sb and bb are both likely to call a raise or theres a def cold caller behind calling may be better.

im no preflop expert but it seems like u have a good general idea of how to respond in this spot, just tighten up a bit the less likely u are to get HU vs the limper. I dont have any great specific advice.

i thought u had way more posts for some reason parvel, not sure y?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your raising standards here

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the exact position but 55, A6s, A9o, K9s, KTo, Q9s, QJo, JTs would be raised a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
and do you ever consider just calling marginal hands here

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I would call something like 98s and 22. I would call more in the HJ and raise more on the button.

In general I wouldnt isolate with say A7o which usually is an easy iso raise for me if the blinds are tight enough.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:28 PM

I would probably benefit from posting more for sure. Maybe I have just been hyper active here during a short intense period and fooled you into believing I actually am a big poster [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I will try to post both questions and replies more though. That's a promise!