Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Did i get out of line ???

I have KQo in early position 4 handed...
The blinds are .25 .50 and i make it 2.50 to go....At this point i would say i have a pretty tight image i have only shown down big hands. He calls out of the big blind. The flop comes down J 7 5... suits are unimportant. He checks and i bet 3. He calls and the turn comes another 7. I bet 7 this time. and he just calls again. the river comes a 10 and i had smelled weakness the whole time and bet 15. he goes into the tank and thinks....results to follow

Note: i have been making big bets on the river with big hands
Old 02-20-2006, 11:47 PM

Default Re: Did i get out of line or did he make a great call???

#1) I would bet more on the flop. with the PFR, I think the pot should be about $5.25, not including rake, so I prefer a CB that's a bit closer to pot. My standard is $4.50.

#2) I don't mind the second barrel on the turn, although I think that my default line is generally to check it down after he calls my flop bet unless I hit a K or Q.

#3) On the river, it's unlikely that the T helped you and this seems like a pretty drawless board, so if he expected to be ahead on the turn, he'll expect to be ahead on the river and isn't going anywhere.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:47 PM

OP:
This play is situational and read dependent. Only you can be the judge of this being the right play or not. Stack sizes help, along w/ reads of opponent.

If you make the same play w/ AJ/JT/55/etc then you will find success I think. But I rarely bluff, so...
Old 02-20-2006, 11:49 PM

His stack size was around 30 while mide was around 50. My read on his is that he is capable of making big lay downs becuase he folded trip 8s to my straight so i know he can lay a hand down but i have also seen him make some interesting calls which i would consider to be in the fancy play syndrom category