Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Professional NLE book

Just curious. Ed Miller's SSH is a good book. Not sure how much it was between him and DS in it. 50/50, etc. Good book on limit though no doubt.

Curious though. Does playing NL to gain research qualify one to co-author a book on it called "Professional NLH"? Seems like a marketing stretch. It's allowed of course. But cheezy.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Professional NLE book

Ed Miller basically wrote the small stake limit book by himself. It was reviewed and edited by David Sklansky and Mason Malmuth. Ed told me he could have been listed as an author by himself. But, he chose to have David and Mason listed because everybody involved thought it would help sales.

The no-limit theory book was almost entirely David's ideas. Ed's primary role was as a scribe (that's his descripion to me). Ed took David's theories and put them into book form.

The new book is by Ed, Sunny Mehta, and Matt Flynn. Again, the ideas are coming primarily from Mehta and Flynn. Ed's key position is to ensure the book is well written.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 PM

In other words Ed gets all the royalties for Small Stakes but gets no royalties for NLTP.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 PM

How is it cheesy? He's the editing author. I learned a lot about writing poker books from Ed.

Just because I can play and have some original thoughts on no-limit doesn't mean I can go out and write a good book off the cuff. Sunny would say the same. We had a steep learning curve, and Ed hauled us up.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words Ed gets all the royalties for Small Stakes but gets no royalties for NLTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed gets royalties. He can tell you what he got for NLHT&P if he wants, but I'd prefer the financial details of PNL remain private.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 PM

so obvious who "wrote" SSHE (ed) and NLTP (david) just from the styles of writing (and i suppose there is at least one or two parts to SSHE where david references ed's thoughts on certain subjects).... looking forward to PNL