Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Big buy-in tourny at the bellagio cup

I see that the Bellagio cup will have many big buy-in tourny. The last one is a 10k$ & it's a WPT, but I figure that the lineup will be extremly small in the 5k$'event. There will be a lot lot lot more bad player in the WSOP'event. + It's very prestigious to win a WSOP'event compare to winning a 5k$'event at the Bellagio. That would suprise me if there are more than 20 entries in these 5k$ event !

- jpp
Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Big buy-in tourny at the bellagio cup

Does anyone else think of Reece's Peanutbutter Cups when you here Bellagio Cup?
Old 06-06-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else think of Reece's Peanutbutter Cups when you here Bellagio Cup?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't but I will seriously consider it !

- jpp
Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Yeah I guess I don't understand this Bellagio Cup going on when the WSOP is going on.
The Binions series makes great sense because it's cheaper and you will have more casual and lower money players there.
The Venetian series makes sense because more intermediate players can play a little higher buy ins and get deep starting chips which they like.

But The Bellagio Cup seems to have the same types of buy-ins as the WSOP tournies. I know if I had the money or time to play sattelites I would much rather take a chance playing in the WSOP with a chance to win a big cash amount and a bracelet at the biggest most prestigious tourney in the world.
I guess what I am saying is why would people play in a Bellagio Cup prelim tourney when they can play in the WSOP?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess what I am saying is why would people play in a Bellagio Cup prelim tourney when they can play in the WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm .... I don't know how Bellagio's satellites are going to look this year - last year they ran $240 sats that paid two seats for the $1,080 tournaments. I'm not really rolled for playing too many $360 SnGs, unfortunately.

If I was I'd probably skip the WSOP and focus exclusively on Bellagio Cup. Honestly, I couldn't care less about a shot at a bracelet - unless you're a top of the line online pro chances of winning a 2,000+ player tournament are hardly there.

But I do care about well run tournaments with a great structure, competent dealers and auto-shufflers in a beautiful environment, and I certainly don't mind playing against 400 - 600 players instead of 2,000.

Last summers Bellagio Cup was in sooo many ways superior to WSOP. So far I've seen nothing to make me think it will be any different this year.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:48 PM

One of the reason why some players would better like to play a bellagio'event is that they cant play a 2 or 3 days event. With the 10-20 players that will play a 5K$ event, then it won't be a problem.

- jpp
Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 PM

I played one 1000$ tournament inthe Bellagio Cup last year.
A little less than 500 players.
It s a 10-12 hours tournament, good if you don t want to spend more than a day playing a good tournament.
Some famous players was playing (Mizrachi won the one I played)
The fontana bar is a great place to play.

And the 240$ sit and go (every day from 9:00 a.m.) are good. I won several of them last year, and after your first win, you can cash out your next 1000$