Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 04:35 AM

Default 5/10 - KJo - To cap or not to cap, that is the question

PFR was extremly agressive/retarded and raising a huge range (why I 3-bet KJo on button).
The player in question was 45/10/1.3 and not particulary good.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Heisenb3rg is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Heisenb3rg 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12SB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Heisenb3rg calls, SB folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Heisenb3rg calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Heisenb3rg raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Heisenb3rg ....
Old 06-06-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - KJo - To cap or not to cap, that is the question

i would probably raise the flop. i'm not giving this guy credit for a better hand just based on his donk bet.

as for the river, i probably just call at this point. it looks like he has 77 or 66. if he's capable of having 76 or something like that, i would have definitely raised earlier in the hand
Old 06-06-2007, 07:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he's capable of having 76 or something like that, i would have definitely raised earlier in the hand

[/ QUOTE ]
dont forget k6 and k7 plays like 76 (and maybe even a flopped tpgk)
Any arguments against raising this flop?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 AM

I would probably just call without more of a read. He might not coldcall 2 in the BB with K6/7o or 76o, although he does with the suited. If we give him K6s/K7s/76s and 77/66, it's 50/50 whether he has a set or 2 pair. Obviously he often won't 3 bet with 2 pair, then again he might coldcall with the offsuit 2 pairs PF, or show up with something like J7 occasionally, but I don't think you're winning &gt;50%.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 AM

so bb called two cold and then donked the kxx flop eh?

It seems like he'll have a wide enough range there that you should just raise the flop for value with the maniac trapped in the middle. The only times this would be bad would be when MP has KK, KQ or AK, but (read dependant of course) I'd assume that he'd raise two of those hands right away on the flop, so they should be discounted. He'd probably peel with about 100% of his wide pf range in a pot this size as well, so just make him peel twice while testing MP's hand.

With that said, I'm going to assume you had RIO concerns so the turn call is consistent with the flop line as played.

On the river, I'd have raised as well, and I call and hope MP decided to play 67, k6 or k7 pf.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 AM

I raise flop and I don't think it's close. BB is donking a weaker pair/draw here a lot of the time and we have UTG+1 coming along for the ride.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:37 PM

I just can't think that he's reraising the river with only AK here. So it's 2 pairs or a set for him. but he is capable with these stats to play suited connector even for two more small bets preflop, so the straight or 76 is also possible.

The only thing is usually, a set would c/r the flop, not donking it and he's not a good player (good player would donk the flop), so there is less chance for the set because the way the hand was played.

So i can only logicaly see 54s in his hands that it's better than your holding so yes i would cape here. You may also be spliting that pot.