Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Poker Affiliate/RB Websites

Sorry if this has been gone over before but I have been searching and couldn't find an answer to this.

How does one go about creating a website that offers players a % of rakeback on various poker rooms when they sign up using your specific bonus code? For instance, when you go to the Full Tilt Poker homepage there is a place to apply to become an affiliate, but it doesn't allow you to offer your signups an option for rakeback, just a deposit bonus. How do the big sites offer rakeback deals for all of the major poker rooms? Can anybody do this or do you have to have some special qualifications? Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Poker Affiliate/RB Websites

You'll find better answers in the affiliate rackeback forum.

Its nearly impossible for a new affiliate to compete for rakeback signups on his own. The poker rooms won't give you top commission until you generate 10K+ min such that you can offer players the standard %. Your best bet is to talk to an established affiliate and sign up players for them. They can pay the players rake back and give you a good cut of the profits.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:08 PM

So if you are just starting off it would be a better idea to become an affiliate of a rakeback site rather than the poker site itself?
Old 06-05-2007, 07:01 PM

No that's not true in my opinion, it's just your best bet is to focus on some other way of marketing than rakeback; that is offer rakeback but market it some other way. Anyway if you want to make the website yourself, I'd recommend a CMS or you could pay someone a small amount to make it for you.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No that's not true in my opinion, it's just your best bet is to focus on some other way of marketing than rakeback; that is offer rakeback but market it some other way. Anyway if you want to make the website yourself, I'd recommend a CMS or you could pay someone a small amount to make it for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what I was wondering is how the average person can offer rakeback to people. A site such as full tilt doesn't offer rakeback an option when you sign up to be an affiliate at full tilt. How does someone even offer rakeback in the first place?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Vince, Rakeback was created by affiliates, not the sites.

In general, Sites pay affiliates, and then affiliates give most of it back to their players.

The industry has matured a bit, and now some of the sites/networks are a bit more involved, but the original concept remains the same.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 PM

Sniper, if I understand correctly, the sites pay the affiliate a % of the players' MGR...and this is true even if the affiliate does not pay rakeback. Alternatively, the affiliate can opt for a set fee per signup. Am I correct so far? If so, the question that the OP is trying to get at (I think) is how do the affiliates get separate trackers for each player and how do they manage the rakeback payments both from the site to the affiliate and from the affiliate to the player. I hope this was the intent of the OP.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:10 AM

where will you get your players from ... if we are talking about european (or at least non US) players, I could connect you to one or two rooms ... send me a pm if interested
Old 06-08-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper, if I understand correctly, the sites pay the affiliate a % of the players' MGR...and this is true even if the affiliate does not pay rakeback. Alternatively, the affiliate can opt for a set fee per signup. Am I correct so far? If so, the question that the OP is trying to get at (I think) is how do the affiliates get separate trackers for each player and how do they manage the rakeback payments both from the site to the affiliate and from the affiliate to the player. I hope this was the intent of the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt provides a spreadsheet that lets you track each player individually. I assume these rakeback sites pay each client via interaccount transfer.