Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Obv. not a standard hand, but a standard push?

NL600

Stacks are 750 effective.

Spot from a few weeks back. I sit with 67s in SB. Folded to Button who opens with a wide range. He raises to 222. I've done this as a missclick ones or twice, but never had any succes.
How often is he fake missclicking and how often is this a missclick?
I would also like to hear what an unknown calls this push with?
I pushed.
Comments?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Obv. not a standard hand, but a standard push?

Wowow not with 67s...

AJ/AQ and you have a tough spot.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wowow not with 67s...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-05-2007, 06:06 PM

I dont see me having a tough spot with AQ. AQ is sooo ahead of his button opening range.
Please comment on what you see him calling my push with.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wowow not with 67s...

[/ QUOTE ]

seems like the point is that if it's a misclick, can you reraise allin and likely get a fold, pretty much regardless of your actual hand - and with 67s you sorta have a bit of value to fall back on, yeah not as much heads up value as AJ/AQ, but still i mean would it be a good move with 27o here?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Yeah the point is that he folds alot of hands if this is a missclick. And my hand has some value if he calls. Also what is the optimal stack size to make this push?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
*barf*

He is calling way too light even if it was a misclick. And the times it's not....well.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 PM

Without knowing villains calling range for sure we can't draw firm conclusions. However, I think 67s is exactly the hand to do this with and AJ/AQ would in fact be a worse hand to push with.

The raise to $222 is either in error or a deliberate ploy. If its a ploy the AJ/AQ and probably AK are nearly always dominated meaning if you push you only get called when in a terrible spot. With 67s you are never going to be dominated and you should take the pot uncontested a lot of the time. When he has made this play deliberately you have the best possible hand for cracking a big pair.

However, you need to know that if he's got a legitimate button raising hand such as A10, KJ, etc then he'll usually cry at his error but fold it. If he calls with this range then 67s is a terrible push. It's therefore very important to have a handle on villains calling range if the misclick was in fact a mistake before making this play. The converse is also true - if you know he'll cry and call A10, KJ, KQ, etc then push AJ/AQ type hands all day long and fold 67s, etc.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:00 PM

^^^ in short it hinges on the very question you are asking, 'what do unknowns call with here'. The problem is this is not a common situation in poker so I cannot see how we can firmly apply a realistic calling range to 'unknowns'. It's player specific and even then quite mood specific. A lot of good players might actually tilt at their mistake and talk themselves into calls they otherwise wouldn't have made.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without knowing villains calling range for sure we can't draw firm conclusions. However, I think 67s is exactly the hand to do this with and AJ/AQ would in fact be a worse hand to push with.

The raise to $222 is either in error or a deliberate ploy. If its a ploy the AJ/AQ and probably AK are nearly always dominated meaning if you push you only get called when in a terrible spot. With 67s you are never going to be dominated and you should take the pot uncontested a lot of the time. When he has made this play deliberately you have the best possible hand for cracking a big pair.

However, you need to know that if he's got a legitimate button raising hand such as A10, KJ, etc then he'll usually cry at his error but fold it. If he calls with this range then 67s is a terrible push. It's therefore very important to have a handle on villains calling range if the misclick was in fact a mistake before making this play. The converse is also true - if you know he'll cry and call A10, KJ, KQ, etc then push AJ/AQ type hands all day long and fold 67s, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really agree with this. Because of the pot odds he'll be getting, he might feel forced to call w/99 and TT etc if you push. He might even call with AJ or KQ. Besides, 67s only has an extra couple % more equity than AQ against a range of AK, QQ+ (check pstove) and having AQ/AJ makes it less likely he has an A and therefore more likely it is an actual misclick.