Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Boat v donk, too fast? 50NL

Turn is obviously perfect. I shoved because I thought maybe a 4th trump card would scare him on river, anyone play it different (ie, he folded obv)?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $49.00
BB: $37.20
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $61.65</font>
BTN: $49.95

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">not much on villain. Pretty retarded from what Ive seen.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($6) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $5.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15.00</font>, SB calls $10.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($36) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $44.65</font>,
Old 06-05-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Boat v donk, too fast? 50NL

if he's a donk like you say I'd probably just call the turn (that small bet looks scared) and he might think he can get to a cheap showdown donking into you again on the river. At that point he has way better odds to call when you push. So I'd rather play this to the river using my position to extract here. I'm not really worried about a diamond on the river he's already basically telling you here he's scared you have a better hand.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 AM

I think this is good. You just have to hope he has a hand worth a call. If he doesn't, he probably would have folded the river anyway.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:00 AM

IMO, this is a rare case in which a min-raise could be a good play.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 AM

I like this he has good odds to call, his range is most likey hands like 77-99 maybe JJ or QQ if he is passive and made flushes I think you get a call alot here he prob folds the bottom end of his range.

Min raise is ok I guess if villian is a drooler pretty transparent otherwise.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:17 AM

If he checked the turn this would be different but he bet it which makes me think that he likes something. If he is genuinely retarded then theres a good chance that you can get something more out of him on the river. He wont fold the flush on the turn here of course but he will bet without it.

I think versus a decent player I like a raise, but versus a moron I like to give him another chance on the river and if he doesn't bet then he is likely to call like $15 which is a decent chunk of money compared to getting nothing more on the turn.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I shoved because I thought maybe a 4th trump card would scare him on river,

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a pocket pair with a diamond, you WANT the trump card.