Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Can the police view a restricted number?

Say an individual is making nasty phone calls from a restricted number (*67), is it possible that the cops can find out what number the calls are coming from?

Is it possible that an individual can find out the restricted number via the phone company?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Can the police view a restricted number?

No. Cops are stupid, have absolutely NO resources available to them, are unfamiliar with crime-solving techniques, and no motivation to catch anybody. You are very safe to continue making your phone calls.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:26 AM

There is a *60-something number you can press after you receive an unwanted call from a restricted number. It costs $5 in Toronto. You must call the cops immediately after and they log the number. It happened to me last year. The cops will trace the number. They won't tell you the number, but you can press charges against the caller if the nature of the call warrants it.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a *60-something number you can press after you receive an unwanted call from a restricted number. It costs $5 in Toronto. You must call the cops immediately after and they log the number. It happened to me last year. The cops will trace the number. They won't tell you the number, but you can press charges against the caller if the nature of the call warrants it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Save this thread with stalker/death threat trip report!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Not quite death threats. Every night for about a week I got a phone call at 2am, and every night the guy said the same thing. "Please let me suck your dick and your toes." (WTF?) He'd say that around 3 times and then just sit on the phone breathing heavy. It was more of a nuisance than anything else until he actually used my name. That pissed me off and scared me (I have a family to think about) so I called the cops. They traced the number and I pressed charges. I still haven't heard the outcome, but he hasn't called since.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 AM

When I got a new cell phone and new #, I started getting voice mails from a collection agency on it. I decided to *67 and call them back, try to figure out what the deal is.

They still knew my ph#. I'd assume the police have this technology too.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Not quite death threats. Every night for about a week I got a phone call at 2am, and every night the guy said the same thing. "Please let me suck your dick and your toes." (WTF?) He'd say that around 3 times and then just sit on the phone breathing heavy. It was more of a nuisance than anything else until he actually used my name. That pissed me off and scared me (I have a family to think about) so I called the cops. They traced the number and I pressed charges. I still haven't heard the outcome, but he hasn't called since.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit pretending you didn't consider his offer for a second [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2007, 11:42 AM

I am getting the calls on my cell phone and that feature doesn't work. I spoke with the police and they it is *57

I was pretty sure that they could, but still a bit of doubt.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:01 PM

Insurance companies and other similar industries can also see your blocked number when you call.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Yeesh, you really think the phone companies are going to setup a system that makes it that easy to make truly annonymous calls? Or that the government and police would let them?

Read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automat...identification