Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 04:25 PM

Default NL25: QQ Reraised Against Nitty Short Stack

Villain was 5/0/0 after 47 hands. Sorry to post such a trivial hand but is it wrong to just call here and see a flop? Against virtually any player this short I would just auto push in and be done with it. With his stats is it even possible he doesn't have KK or AA though?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($62.90)
MP1 ($15.55)
MP2 ($29.20)
CO ($25)
Button ($27.10)
SB ($13.75)
BB ($8.55)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.75</font>, Hero?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: NL25: QQ Reraised Against Nitty Short Stack

Too small sample size. If this was 5/0/0 over 300 hands I might reconsider. Push and be done.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:25 PM

omg. you are single handedly killing this forum. he has LESS than 50 bb, around 36 actually. he sucks, push, call, fold, it doesn't even matter. 47 hands means nothing and maybe he's drunk.

if there's no A, or K, aren't you getting it in anyways?!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
omg. you are single handedly killing this forum. he has LESS than 50 bb, around 36 actually. he sucks, push, call, fold, it doesn't even matter. 47 hands means nothing and maybe he's drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, a little dramatic bro. Funny stuff. What if I had a couple hundred hands with them. Then it certainly would be KK or AA in this spot right? Been seeing a ton of shortstacks in my games lately and these kinds of situations come up alot.

But the point is taken that 47 hands is virtually meaningless and villain is too short to screw around. Hope we can keep it civil though. Thanks.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, a little dramatic bro. Funny stuff. What if I had a couple hundred hands with them. Then it certainly would be KK or AA in this spot right? Been seeing a ton of shortstacks in my games lately and these kinds of situations come up alot.

But the point is taken that 47 hands is virtually meaningless and villain is too short to screw around. Hope we can keep it civil though. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am keeping it civil. i have no animosity towards you, but the thread itself is wasting space as well as detracting from better threads. even if he was 5/0/0 over 10k hands, you could always call the min raise for set value.

i just don't understand what you are expecting? there isn't much "poker" to be played with stacks less than 50 bb, and certainly not when any bet will commit the stack on the flop.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am keeping it civil. i have no animosity towards you, but the thread itself is wasting space as well as detracting from better threads. even if he was 5/0/0 over 10k hands, you could always call the min raise for set value.

i just don't understand what you are expecting? there isn't much "poker" to be played with stacks less than 50 bb, and certainly not when any bet will commit the stack on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cool man. It's just that "single-handedly ruining the forum" is jerky. I hope you don't think that I am in anyway asking if I ever get away from the hand. I mention in my original post that all I'm really asking is do you ever call and see a flop here with QQ against an opponent like this.

In the actual hand, I just called the raise. He check/folded to my flop bet on a dry board. Was just reviewing my session and this hand came up and I thought it might be interesting to hear some thoughts. Apparently not, lol.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:18 PM

Ran this through Poker Stove:

Board:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 57.586% 56.48% 01.11% 53189782 1042748.00 { QcQh }
Hand 1: 42.414% 41.31% 01.11% 38901442 1042748.00 { 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

So, even if he only plays the top 5% of hands, you still have 42% equity in this pot -- you're not that big of an underdog. And, since he's most likely playing much more than 5% of his hands, you're probably a big favorite, actually.

So, worse case scenario: call for set value. Fold to a big bet on a non-set flop.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ran this through Poker Stove:

Board:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 57.586% 56.48% 01.11% 53189782 1042748.00 { QcQh }
Hand 1: 42.414% 41.31% 01.11% 38901442 1042748.00 { 99+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

So, even if he only plays the top 5% of hands, you still have 42% equity in this pot -- you're not that big of an underdog. And, since he's most likely playing much more than 5% of his hands, you're probably a big favorite, actually.

So, worse case scenario: call for set value. Fold to a big bet on a non-set flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ has 57% pot equity, not the possible range for the opponent. I think this makes pushing more +ev.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
omg. you are single handedly killing this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
even if he was 5/0/0 over 10k hands, you could always call the min raise for set value... there isn't much "poker" to be played with stacks less than 50 bb, and certainly not when any bet will commit the stack on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

effang,

Your second reply was an a helpful answer to an honest question.

Your first reply was not.

Do you want to stop newbs like OP and me from asking stupid questions? Easy! Give well-reasoned replies to the questions we ask. If you can't be bothered to explain the reasoning, then refer us to an appropriate book. By page number. Sooner or later, even if a poster is as thick as I am, they'll "get it" and stop asking dumb questions.

And if these threads are "taking up space" and "killing the forum," then by all means stop clicking on them.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 AM

if he flatcalls this bet and doesnt raise i would assume it would be for set value, so no he wont be getting it in on boards without an ace or king unless they contain a queen. why are you berating him?