Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Frustrated with my current path

Hey OOT, not sure why I'm writing here but I need to spew somewhere. I'm currently in the biggest rut of my life and simply don't know how to hit the reset button to start it over. Ever since I left my job six months ago I have felt bored, unfufilled and directionless. A lot of my friends in the past few months have really progressed within there jobs or relationships so its made me feel even worse about my lack of progress.

So I guess my question is, how does one start over and enjoy the next stage of life. I don't have a job, can't seem to get a new job (I'm picky and don't want to settle for a job I won't enjoy) and am not sure if I want to put myself into debt and commit another two years of my late 20's into grad school. Does anyone have good examples on how they started over without big savings in their mid 20's?

My resume in a nutshell:
Double degree in Communication and History
3+ years of non profit and political experience (Public Relations, event management, outreach type of work)
Currently grinding SNG's and MTT's to pay my current morgage and not doing nearly enough to make me feel productive

Things I've wanted to do that haven't panned out:
Work for a national political campaign (very tough to get a paid job without connections or massive experience)
Work for a non profit within my two greatest passions, the sports or music genre (also extremely tough fields to crack)
Go to Grad School (Due to very limited savings, money owed for morgage and indecisiveness I never got my act together to pull this off)

Sorry, this is just kinda rambling and I'm not sure if there really is an answer but thanks for humoring me. I'm also drunk and coming back from celebrating a friend getting engaged.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Frustrated with my current path

You can start by not waking up with AA on the 2nd hand of a HU SNG against me.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can start by not waking up with AA on the 2nd hand of a HU SNG against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have folded q6 preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2007, 09:53 AM

Plunge.

Move to another country. Change your name. Give all of your possessions to the poor. Shave your head. Fast for a month. Stop drinking. Meditate 16 hours a day. Run a marathon. Read Proust. Jump out of airplanes. Fall in love. Write poetry. Dance. Put your roll on Cleveland to win. Something. Anything.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:00 AM

When you find something that you really want to do, I think it'll figure itself out. I don't think that you really want to do the things that you listed, except perhaps grad school, but even that is on shaky ground. Two years from now you'll be asking: "what do I do now with this degree?"

Amplify is on the right track, but you don't have to willfully go busto to do it.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:06 AM

If you quit your job, you'll have more opportunity to grind sngs.