Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 02:51 AM

Default I guess I have two hands worth posting.

Live 20
We're like 8 handedish

I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG1

kid next to me calls. He doesn't seem especially loose but I haven't been at the table long.

BB a complete idiot calls.

K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] :3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks I bet, kid raises, BB folds I 3bet kid calls.

Turn a J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet kid calls.

River Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I??? B/C? C/C B/F?
What range are you putting villain on.

Hand 2

Live 10
Kim opens in CO. Kim isn't a super stealtard, and she's kind of fishy, basically her raising her means she has a hand, something she'd probably call two cold with(that's not saying a ton but she doesn't have 96s or anything like that here)

SB calls. SB has done nothing but call since I sat, she had 34 in a raised pot on a K56A3 board and called the river.

I call with two nines in BB

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
check to Kim who bets, SB calls, I raise, Kim 3bets, I cap, 3 of us to turn

turn 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I lead, get overcalled.

River A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks so I know I have her beat, she's just not that tricky.

I.... bet? Bet call? B/F?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: I guess I have two hands worth posting.

Hand 1 - I don't think we can fold 2 pair to an unknown here for 1 bet, so anything ending in 'fold' is out. Still, check/call doesn't seem right because there's no reason to think that this kid will stab at the river with a busted flush draw, and he might make a scared chck with a hand like KT. So I guess we are left with bet/crying call.

Hand 2 - I would bet and consider 3-betting a raise from Kim, depending on your read of how she plays post-flop. I certainly wouldn't fold.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:29 AM

In hand 1 I can't think of any other hand we're really value betting besides KT, and that's slim as I don't think he'd CC PF with that, but I'm not sure on that.

River 3bet in hand two? What are you putting her on?

She's bad postflop, but mostly loose passive.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:58 AM

Well, in hand 1 you've got very little read of this guy and all he's done is cold-call PF and then raise a K high flop. I wouldn't be that surprised to see him show up with as little as K8s here, and if he's passive then AK is definite possibility as well. The turn action tells us that he's usually got a K or a heart draw and we beat every K except KQ and there's no particular reason to think that he'll bluff with a busted heart draw.

Hand 2 is wierd because if she's passive then the only hand we have to fear on the rier is AA, because passive players don't 3-bet naked flush draws. The fact that the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is on the board makes it even less likely that she has a flush now.

Still, I agree that it's hard to put her on a hand if she raises. Maybe A9 or a horribly played 88?

Either way I doubt you are getting raised very ofren I think betting is definitely best against a passive player.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:03 AM

Where were these hands played?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:05 PM

River I check call... I think it's likely he was on bigger hearts here and you dodged a bullet. Maybe AQ of hearts... I doubt he calls you here with anything but AK. Obviously he doesn't have set or two pair cause of his turn play.

Maybe he makes a desperation stab with a busted flush and you get extra bet. If he has a hand to call you with (like two inferior pair)... he's going to bet for value here on the river and you'll get the bet anyways when you call.

Hand 2-

Why not lead bet flop and just call... then try for the lead bet / 3 or 4 bet on the turn? I rather get the 3 bet / cap action on the bigger street.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:13 AM

Two hands get 4 replies and a hand where a guy's asking if he should bet aces after getting checked to twice gets 10.

=\
Old 06-05-2007, 02:25 AM

I don't see a lot that's interesting about these hands. Both rivers are standard value bets, and you should probably call a raise unless you pick up a live read that you can't communicate here in the post.

In hand 1, I can only see you losing to KQ.
In hand 2, you can't let every flush card scare you off value-betting the river with flopped top set. If you get checkraised you're most likely beaten but the pot is obviously big enough to make the call and feel fine about it.

I have a feeling you lost both of these hands are trying to find a weak argument telling you to refrain from doing the obvious: bet the river.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:52 AM

Hand 2 I think is an easy river bet-call, hand one I wasn't sure of.

Both hands got posted because they went with quite a bit of discussion talking with the people I know.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Both hands got posted because they went with quite a bit of discussion talking with the people I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

If these hands required quite a bit of discussion then you should consider finding new people to discuss strategy with.