Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Default 3/6 live- when to dump AA check up

9 handed, Sat night, typical loose passive with a single wild maniac raising 50% PF including 56o.

limp, limp, fold, I limp red AA, limp, maniac raises, cold-call, SB and BB complete, two limpers call, I 3-bet, fold, maniac caps, everyone calls.

7 see the flop of: Tc, 9x, 8c
I bet, maniac raises, 5 callers, I call.

6 see the turn of: 6c
MP caller bets, I fold.....

Anybody think they can find a fold on the flop?

Anybody think they can find a raise on the turn?
Old 06-04-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: 3/6 live- when to dump AA check up

First, I wouldn't have limp/rr'd AA here.

You have no reason to fold on the flop.

Turn fold is fine.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:34 AM

grunch.

I wouldn't fold on the flop. Maniac raising doesn't mean much considering he will raise with anything.

I would fold to the mp donk bet however, on the turn.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:46 AM

I'd raise preflop.

Well played post.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Relative Position

I don't like the way you played this hand. Your PF play might seem clever knowing that you are likely going to trap the field for at least 3 and probably 4 SB PF; however, the other 50% of the time, the maniac just calls or folds and you miss your opportunity to exploid your edge.

Also, how has maniac responded to a raise in front of him. If he is 3-betting a lot, then I'm raising 110% of the time because I would love to play this HU against him, or at least shorthanded.

Now....your questions.

I would almost never fold this on the flop. I think the only time I'm folding this on the flop is if it goes - bet (you), raise, raise, cap. I don't consider folding this for 2SB cold on this flop.

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody think they can find a raise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anybody think they can find a lighter to set your wallet on fire? How could you think about doing anything but folding the turn?

One more thing, while I like the reasoning behind the flop donk - (you know that maniac will insta raise, helping you protect your hand/ thin the field) - I think I would just c/c this flop. There are 3 reasons why c/c the flop is better than your donk:

1. First of all, if you check and the action is really heavy behind you - like if it gets capped or even 3-bet by passive player, you might be able to fold because you know that you're drawing almost dead.

2. More importantly, it will not protect your hand in a pot this huge, even if maniac raises anyone behind him is getting 14:1. Because you have wonderful position relative to maniac, I would plan on waiting for the turn. If the turn comes a safe card, then I donk into maniac and pray that he raises. Do the math on that.

3. Your equity will change a ton on the turn. I would invest little on the flop when you know that your hand will be rendered useless on the turn probably half the time.

The best plan is to wait for the turn. If the turn is a blank, use your position relative to the maniac to protect your hand.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:41 AM

Raise preflop.
I 3-bet the flop with that many callers.
Turn is an easy check/fold.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 AM

Shove pf
Old 06-04-2007, 02:39 PM

If maniac is the type to 3-bet you, you absolutely need to raise preflop. If he's not, you need a seat change. I don't like preflop at all. Plenty of people in 3/6 will cold call two bets, and once one person does it, so will everybody else. The only people you eliminate with your limp/raise are the few between you and maniac.

Don't get greedy.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 PM

I don't know about the rest of these guys are hating on the PF play, but I love the thought of getting 7 people in the hand for 3 bets. In the long rund, that's more $$$ for us. Limp re-raise is good.

This flop/turn is going to suck for AA regardless of how much money is in the pot.

And there's no reason to move seats just because maniac is two to your left. That's a great place for him to be when you want to check-raise with a big draw or a big made hand. Just know how you have to adapt your play with him there.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:40 PM

I don't ever limp re-raise hands but that's not to say that it is bad just because I don't, I just prefer to raise with it. Any time I've ever seen a limp reraise it has always been AA. Once maybe KK. It's telling everyone what you have right there unless you have done it before with some other type of hand(or if they are truly clueless). Onthe other hand if you raise a variety of hands PF the players are not going to assume you have AA every time.