Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 12:17 AM

Default 100PL - When PokerTracker ATTACKS!!!

Converters never work, so here's the hand, 100BB effective stacks, only been at the table a few hands so nothing really outstanding has happened.

Hero is on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $3, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop ($15): 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, BB bets $14, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn ($57): 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets $35, CO folds, Hero calls.

River ($127): A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets all-in, Hero calls.

So here's the problem with this hand. Preflop I probably made a semi-loose call, but I play really loose on the button, so it's a standard call for me.

My PT stats on the BB have him running at 63/5/3.3 over a large sample of hands, and a moderate loser in the game overall, which were big factors in deciding how to play this hand. Since he was loose enough and relatively aggressive after the flop, I figured any combination of 6xxx was in his range, and he would assume it's the best hand at this point. I figured if he has 6xxx (even 67xx), I'm probably getting a decent price to call.

Is my line here bad? My thinking was, if I raise the flop and he shoves I probably have to call (do I?), but raising might fold out a decent enough range that I might have beat, and since no one ever folds trips I don't want to give him a reason to fold 6xxx that I'm beating. I don't know if there's any way I can fold this hand (since my sidecards are the best possible, other than another 6 I guess), and especially not after filling up on the river. Are you guys fine with flat-calling the whole way?

I really don't like any permutation of this hand. If he checks the turn, I'd probably bet and have to call a c/r shove, etc etc. Is this a standard stack off if I'm beat? Am I weighing his PT stats too heavily into deciding his hand range? I hated this hand from start to finish.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: 100PL - When PokerTracker ATTACKS!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I probably made a semi-loose call,

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? i am sexually excited by this hand.

i'm fine with the whole hand. i think raising the flop would be pretty bad since the CO calls. Once CO folds the turn and you still have 3 overs to fill up including the A and your opponents aggro stats I think the call is good. river is obv call. You'll run into 77 occasionally, but no big deal you're only at 100bb.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I probably made a semi-loose call,

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? i am sexually excited by this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that because it's all black or because it has a 6 in it?

BTW, depending on UTG+1, I'm 3 betting most of the time preflop. Make it like $8.50 or if I'm feeling crazy aggro $9.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:02 AM

I put that clause in to prevent people from saying anything about folding preflop. Also, because of the 6.

I consider reraising, but I think this hand plays really well multiway, so I figured that if I just called preflop the blinds would be getting priced into calling with practically any 4.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:59 AM

i think this hand is fine as played given your PT reads - the only hands i can put him on are 67 and 77 as he has chosen to bet into 2 rainbow flop callers on the turn - he has to put one of you on a 6 and if he hasnt got 77 he must also fear one of you slowplaying this hand.

i think i might be able to find a fold on the river if i hadnt made the best underfull, but pot odds probably dictate calling his all in

god i hate these hands!!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:49 AM

Only problem here is that CO called. If CO's reasonably tight, you have to assume that he has at least a 6. If he has a 6, that means BB has to either be betting something like AA or a wrap or have you drawing dead to 77.

Do you think BB's aggro enough to bet into a 5-way field without trips here? Or that CO's loose enough to call that light? Even if the players are LAGgy enough to do this semi-regularly, I think you're going to be drawing dead close to half the time and you should probably just get out.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I put that clause in to prevent people from saying anything about folding preflop. Also, because of the 6.

I consider reraising, but I think this hand plays really well multiway, so I figured that if I just called preflop the blinds would be getting priced into calling with practically any 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this hand is the reason cited above. What 2-card combo's in your hand work well multi-way? 6x hands aren't that awesome multi-way, even on that flop. Not saying you should raise, but that's not exactly the flop you were hoping for either.

This hand is tough on the river because I don't see how you can walk away from it if I read those pot odds correctly. But in general, I am never thrilled about this hand. I might try a raise fold line on the flop, or I might play it the way you did depending on my read on the BB at the time, but I'm not happy to be playing this hand at all. How often does this BB go to showdown?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Morph: I think this hand plays well multiway because a lot of times I'll flop a broadway wrap when someone flops top set or might lose their mind with top two pair.

Iggy: I put the BB to always have at least trips, but I figured that the sidecards to my hand being the best gave me a great price if it was ONLY trips, but I was still crossing my fingers throughout the hand. I dunno what the CO had. Maybe AAxx and got stubborn or something.