Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:18 AM

Default is there anyway i could have escaped from this

I think Im in the mother of all downswings. I feel likei have to make some sick folds, to not be down for the day.

I start my session, steal some pots, fire some 2nd barrels against the nits, value bet some stations be up like 1 buyin, and then this stuff happens. This is happening day after day. I took 2 breaks allready, and Im really beginning to doubt if im ever gonna win with poker again. I might have made some small mistakes like not betting the turn enough, but this is just unreal.

Note that most these guys would stack off with top pair, especially the J7 guy.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $48.45
BB: $53.30
UTG: $13.80
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $23.05</font>
CO: $55.68
BTN: $24.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, CO calls $1.25, 4 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $8.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($23.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $11.80</font>, CO calls $11.80

Pot Size: $46.70 ($2.30 Rake)

CO had 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight flush, Nine high) and WON (+$21.35)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and LOST (-$23.05)

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 3 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $40.33
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $27.20</font>
BTN: $5.51

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, SB calls $2.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.60</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, SB calls $3.40

<font color="black">River:</font> ($18.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets all-in for $31.33</font>, Hero calls all-in for $18.20
Uncalled bet of $13.13 returned to SB

Pot Size: $54.65 ($1 Rake)

SB had 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Sevens) and WON (+$26.45)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and LOST (-$27.20)

I agree that i didnt bet enough on the turn, but still, he prolly would have called and sucked out on me anyway. I might have been able to fold the river, but not with his stats:

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $24.95
BB: $36.99
UTG: $27.15
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $43.65</font>
CO: $32.30
BTN: $36.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, CO calls $1.10, 4 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.80) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($6.80) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, CO calls $4.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($14.80) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $20.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $31.00</font>, CO calls all-in for $5.20
Uncalled bet of $5.80 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $65.20 ($3 Rake)

CO had 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Eights full of Queens) and WON (+$29.90)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and LOST (-$32.30)
Old 06-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: is there anyway i could have escaped from this

The first hand, not likely. He flopped the nuts on you, slowplayed it, and had you pot commited by the turn. He may have put you on a flush draw and tried slowplaying you. If you check the turn, MAYBE would you have not lost your stack. A call on the river in that situation would be warranted. Pushing here could be bad, YES you have the nut-flush, but if you get called (which you did) its gonna be by a hand that beats you.

Second hand. You could have not lost your whole stack. You played it to hard on the river. With a paired board and that much aggression on the river, it screams FULLHOUSE!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:24 AM

funny thing is, i stalked these guys today, and won my 3 buyins back plus profit, they donked it off to me just like the hands above, pushing inferior hands into my made hands..
Old 06-02-2007, 09:46 AM

hand three is a bad push, 4 flush on paired board and he raises that [censored] up.

if you wanna call sure, but push is spewy
Closed Thread