Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 11:45 PM

Default 25NL, river line check

First off, I was wondering which 3 stats you guys usually post to give a clue as to how the villian plays. I am new the uNL forum and I have no clue, once I know I will post villain's stats. No other strong reads on villian in this spot, imo he has a tagish style. However, I have been playing 5 tables and could be a little off (plus im new to the whole PT scene).

Thoughts on all streets welcome, I probably should have bet the flop? My main question is about the river, is my play standard? Does anyone play the hand differently? Thanks for all the help.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

Villian (SB): $52.80
BB: $22.45
<font color="black">Hero (UTG): $36.35</font>
BTN: $15.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, BTN folds, Villian calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Villian checks, BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Villian checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, Villian calls $1.25, BB folds

<font color="black">River:</font> ($4.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Villian checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.25</font>, <font color="red">Villian raises to $8.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $26.25</font>, <font color="red">Villian raises all-in to $50.80</font>, Hero calls all-in for $8.10
Uncalled bet of $16.45 returned to Villian
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $73.45 ($2 Rake)
Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: 25NL, river line check

post his VPIP/his raise %/his AF

you should be raising at least pot preflop and q8dd is really meh utg. You should be firing around 1.75 on that flop. Turn as played bet more (1.75). I'd probably just call the river bet. River c/r's are generally the nuts and i think a push is borderline spewy.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Re: 25NL, river line check

yea id cbet this if called when we hit the draw on the turn im firing a 2nd barrel and by the river im probalby trying to get AI....w/ your line he def could be drawing to a higher FD and your turn bet is too weak id bet closer to $2, you say he is "tagish" so if he is decent the c/r on the river scares me and i might just call...if hes more LAGGY then id be more inclined to get AI