Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 11:14 PM

Default QTs Heads Up

I'd like to get input as to how others play this situation.

Villain: Standard Tight Aggressive player

Comments on preflop and flop are very welcome, but also I'd like to see how people would approach this street as it played out. What's your plan for the rest of the hand? Thanks.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero.........
Old 06-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: QTs Heads Up

Call him down, blind steals make people crazy sometimes. Lots of draws here that you are ahead of.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call him down, blind steals make people crazy sometimes. Lots of draws here that you are ahead of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats totaly true. Blind vs blind seems like a mindgame to alot of people. One guy kept capping me all the way till the river with a bluff (as if I still fold then?)
Old 06-01-2007, 11:57 PM

I don't think we're dealing with TAG postflop players at this level. Villain could very well have the K here. Bet and if he raises reevaluate.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet and if he raises reevaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

nerdking, if someone donks into you twice in a row do you put him on a good hand?
Old 06-02-2007, 12:18 AM

Xhad, whats this 180BB challenge about? (sorry for going offtopic here, just wondering)
Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 AM

he's raised once and unknown. if he's raised our second donk on a dry turn, then we're gonna c/f the river
Old 06-02-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and if he raises reevaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

nerdking, if someone donks into you twice in a row do you put him on a good hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on your opponent (ie ... aggressive, and a little too aggressive in blind steal situations) double donking is great (for the vary reason you imply)

of course this is best when you and your opponent have had a fair amount of history together
Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 AM

big blind might go crazy with air, blind VS blind no need for respect, call him down.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Xhad, whats this 180BB challenge about? (sorry for going offtopic here, just wondering)

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed out all my online poker funds right around when UIGEA hit, now I'm working on building a bankroll from the $30 or so I had left sitting on stars.

[ QUOTE ]
depending on your opponent (ie ... aggressive, and a little too aggressive in blind steal situations) double donking is great (for the vary reason you imply)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if your opponent sees your turn donk for the bs that it is and you decide to take a line that ends in folding your hand (as nerdking is suggesting here).