Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Best Friends Sister is causing a lot of problems

Last night me and my two best friends (roomates practically) were grilling out when a big argument erupted between friend A (the guy with the sister)and me (the voice of reason) friend B (the guy who the sister wants).

A little background information first. Last night after some nice bong rips, the sister and her friend shows up. (Relevant ages are 22 for the friends and 18 for the sister/her friend) The sister, her friend and friend B (who is a natural flirt) are talking on the couch while me and friend A are playing the new mario party (awesome). Now I would say that the sister is roughly a 6 or 7, so not a knockout by any means. Anyway after we all leave, the sister sends several text messages to friend B and he tells me whats going on. Friend B has no intention of doing anything at all with the sister. As such we decide to not tell her brother whats going on as it would cause unwarranted problems. That was the end of that night.

Then last night while grilling out after a few drinks, I let friend B in on some information (im going out with an ex for drinks next week and friend A despises her) I wasn't going to share this with either of them. I wasn't going to tell friend A because he has a tendancy to completely overreact to irrelevant things (hence the reason for not mentioning that his sister and he has overreacted before when anyone brings up this certain ex g/f). Long story short, friend A finds out about both things and then flips out because "he cant believe we would purposely keep stuff from him". He says he doesn't care about his sister or my ex, but he's seriously upset that we kept this from him.

I should also point out that if it were something serious or important that we would've told our friend what was up (ie last night sister was driving around with empty vodka bottles in the car and we told him)

Now OOT who is right? Me and friend B think he completely overreacted like a child (and feel this justifies not telling him about such irrelevant events) and he thinks that he's right and that we should tell him everything. Help
Old 06-01-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Best Friends Sister is causing a lot of problems

Are you sure friend A isn't female
Old 06-01-2007, 12:04 PM

I feel that your avatar is appropriate.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:05 PM

mspaint
Old 06-01-2007, 12:07 PM

jesus christ, why can't people just make up names instead of this friend A/friend B crap
Old 06-01-2007, 12:11 PM

traz - not sure, he's def emotional

doucy - sorry i could not accomidate your needs, ill be sure to make you happy next time
Old 06-01-2007, 12:11 PM

Sounds like you guys need marriage counselling.

Serious answer: I guess I don't really have one, other than quit acting like women.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ, why can't people just make up names instead of this friend A/friend B crap

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]. Don't even need to make up names. If OPs friends were somehow reading this it's not like they'd be all: "Oh, I see. This is about your other set of friends you were grilling with last night and playing mario and [censored]. Word."
Old 06-01-2007, 12:14 PM

Piscs of sister required
Old 06-01-2007, 12:19 PM

What if his friends really are named A and B?

OK, I'm going to give a serious answer now. It shouldn't matter what a message board thinks about who is wrong or right in a situation like this. You've got to know your friends and know how to deal with their irrationalities.

If you really want to prove him wrong, next time something like this comes up and he overreacts say- "See this is why I don't tell you everything." If you want it to just blow over say "Sorry we left you in the dark, I'll try not to do it as long as you try not to be a spaz."