Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Limit Tourney Question

OK I already know this is going to sound like a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway. I think I have a pretty good strateg for NL tournaments and limit cash games but limit tournaments confound me. I really like playing them (especially HORSE) but I doubt I am getting a very good ROI. In any case, the strategy that I seem to see being employed by the chip leaders in these tournaments is to play a LOT of hands and then just bet them aggressively. I don't know if this is how they got there or if this is how they play once they get big but I've been seeing it over and over (in a small sample). I KNOW theoretically it can't be right but it is infuriating to watch people just raise and bet in every hand and either fold out morons or just keep betting until their hand is good.

In all seriousness, this CAN'T be a good strategy, can it (in limit games)? I mean once you are a big stack you can be more liberal with the hands you play and bullying but I'm talking about constantly playing bad starting hands and just staying in for a long time. I know it's bleeding chips but why do these players always seem to be ahead, especially in HORSE tourneys?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Limit Tourney Question

I havn't played a ton of limit tournaments but the strategy seems bad to me but perhaps it works against moderate-bad players... the type who are good enough to fold a hand but are unable to adjust well.

I havn't read it yet but the longest chapter in the new FTP Tournament Stratagy Guide book is Lederer's on Limit Hold'em and there are also chapters on stud and razz.