Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Hands from tonights session

HI, first hand
i wasnt sure how to play it,
not enough hands from villain to give PT stats, but
appeared to be loosely raising preflop.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $25.75
BB: $70.90
UTG: $17.40
UTG+1: $20.90
MP1: $26.60
MP2: $9.60
MP3: $19.75
CO: $9.10
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $24.65</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $0.75</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises to $2.00</font>, CO calls $2.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10.50</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises all-in to $19.75</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $9.25

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($42.60) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($42.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($42.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $42.60 ($2.10 Rake)

How does one play AK in this or similar spots? What if the villain is a tight nit?

Second hand:

no real reads on villain.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $12.90
BB: $12.95
UTG: $26.00
UTG+1: $26.75
<font color="black">Hero (MP1): $24.65</font>
MP2: $35.05
CO: $21.75
BTN: $13.65

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 Players)
2 folds, Hero calls $0.25, MP2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.25</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($7.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7.25</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $7.25 returned to SB

Pot Size: $7.25 ($0.35 Rake)

I tried to limp/reraise because the table was very aggressive, unluckily no one reopened the betting.

I guess i should reraise more on the flop, correct?
The turn bet seems a bit out of line, is folding here weak?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Hands from tonights session

hand one... just call the raise...
well hand 2 sucks.. stupid min raise on flop.. rasie to $4...
turn is a fold due to ace high still being in the hand with a silly min raise.. might as well ask him to outdraw you
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 PM

Hand 2- If you can get it all in, go for it
Old 05-31-2007, 09:36 PM

I meant preflop, if they are aggressive then Hooray.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 PM

How about your opponent's flop play in Hand 1? Lots of c-betting, what's the deal?

In Hand 2, I make it $4.5-$5.00 to go on the flop. As played, I'm folding the turn.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:27 PM

hand 1 - i would call the reraise preflop since you have position, and reassess on the flop or fold to a re-reraise if there is one. you really really don't want to get allin w/ someone preflop w/ ak unless he's showing his aq to you.

hand 2 - you should raise preflop w/ kk. look at hand 1. imagine that you're the initial raiser in hand 1 w/ kk, and someone reraises you and there are two callers behind. that's where you want to be. raise.

this also makes your post-flop decisions MUCH EASIER because you can isolate opponents and narrow the hand range.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:40 AM

The guy in Hand 1 was stupidly aggressive moving all in with every two for a few hands.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 AM

Hand 1: Suited, and in position, I think I call the reraise preflop. That said, I don't think a shove would be terrible.

Hand 2: Don't bother trying to limp-reraise. Especially not at these stakes.

As played, fold the turn.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:55 AM

Why are everyone saying flat call in hand1?

1. We get no innitiative in the hand. We will not be able to cbet the flops we don't like. Everytime we whiff the flop, we lose those 8bbs the call took. And we will whiff about 2/3 of the time, possibly even more ofen considering the raise and reraise in front of us, which suggest that some of the aces/kings might already be out of the deck. Which leads us to the next point.

2. We have huge reverse implied odds. MP3 has shown a lot of strenght, espcecially considering this is full ring. AA/KK are a decent part of his range. For instance, if he has AA/KK and the flop comes K75r, we are likely to lose a lot of money. Even when we hit the flop, it might not really be a good thing for us.

3. We have no implied odds. If villain has KK and an ace high flop comes, we are unlikely to make a lot of money. Simmilary, if villain has QQ or another pocket pair, and we hit a pair on the flop, then that will be a scary board for villain. The only really profitable scenario I can come up with is if MP3 has QQ and the flop comes TJQ, in which we get it in with about 65% equity. Other than that, pretty much every flop sucks for us.

Even if villain was 3betting AQ here (unlikely in FR maybe, I don'r RLY know)?, most of the flops we are both going to whiff, and villain will pwn us with his cbet.

So personally I like 4betting a lot more than flat calling, but I can imagine that in FR, even 4betting is -EV here because of the risk/reward ratio (only better hands call/push to a 4bet, and we are basically risking our entire stack, only to win the small amount of money already in the pot).

When all the options you have at a point rate to be -EV, you obv chose the option which always have a neutral EV, folding.

Folding might seem nitty here, but stop that "zomg we have AK we don't fold" thought process. Start thinking like a poker player guys.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:09 AM

I pretty much agree with everything Fiksdal said. Hand 1 looks like a fold to me w/o reads.