Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Flopped flush vs 2p2\'er semi-deep

Villain is a well known 2p2er, this is the first time I've played vs him. He was playing around 16/13/2 this session. I felt really lost here when he lead strong on both flop and turn. Advice on all streets welcome.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($605.90)
MP ($196)
Button ($191)
SB ($353.25)
Hero ($416.55)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $9, Hero calls $8, UTG calls $8.

Flop: ($40) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $34</font>, Hero calls $34, UTG folds, MP folds.

Turn: ($108) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $88</font>, Hero calls $88.

River: ($284) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $100</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $384
Old 05-31-2007, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Flopped flush vs 2p2\'er semi-deep

why didn't you raise the turn?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:38 PM

This hurts. Why are you not raising anywhere?

He probably has a set.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:41 PM

my eyes hurt, raise the flop, a 2p2er often gets it all in w/ a set or maybe the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] though it's hard for him to have that given his CC in the SB unless he already has you beat... anyway, raise flop for value and protection since your hand falls apart if another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls, since villain will either fold or beat you then

if you don't raise the flop (which you should ESP since you're deep) PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ raise the turn

and the river fold is marginal... since SB is not the pfr-er i like it a little more... i guess you have to put him on a set or a bigger flush due to his flop donk.... but it's not a good spot to be in, you should really try and get it in before the river
Old 05-31-2007, 06:42 PM

Raise turn, calling really sucks because you probably aren't getting more money out of him on the river if the board doesn't pair.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 PM

I have no idea why I didn't raise turn, I thought for a while but for some reason that escapes me I wanted to see river. River really looks like a set valuebetting so I dumped it, can't really see him playing any hand I beat this way. He has a set or higher flush here like 100% of the time right?

Also I just noticed now that I have a double gutter to the straight flush, if I'd seen that I probably would have raised the turn (as I should have?).
Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 PM

Raise flop and the hand is so easy to play. If he calls bet turn again and push river. If he 3 bets, call and raise him AI on any non pairing card on turn .
Old 05-31-2007, 06:47 PM

You really think a good 2p2'er plays an overpair like this in a 4 way pot keikiwai? I find that really unlikely. It's either a set or a higher flush here almost always, ofc I really should raise turn for value/protection if he does have a set.

Although I admit it's played really bad and I felt really lost during the hand aswell [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Oh well after an almost 2 month long break I did expect to have a few leaks.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 PM

i'm not against calling the flop, but i would definitely raise the turn.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think a good 2p2'er plays an overpair like this in a 4 way pot keikiwai? I find that really unlikely. It's either a set or a higher flush here almost always, ofc I really should raise turn for value/protection if he does have a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

i edited my post... i guess this is a set or bigger flush... but it's a set so often on that board that i raise the flop, it's not like you're going to trap too many people on a monotone flop, so calling makes no sense