Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 AM

Default NL10 Tough spot with two pair

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 7 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $9.53
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $12.15</font>
UTG: $13.60
UTG+1: $9.97
MP: $5.53
CO: $10.22
BTN: $2.85

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">I only played 12 hands with this guy, VPIP about 50, but he has shown down JJ without being very aggressive on a 10 high board.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 Players)
UTG calls $0.05, UTG+1 folds, MP calls $0.05, CO folds, BTN calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($0.22) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.10</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $1.25</font>, Hero calls $0.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.72) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $2.30</font>, Hero calls $2.30

<font color="black">River:</font> ($7.32) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $8.00</font> (I have $8.55 left, so it's basically all-in)

Ok, so I'm not too happy about how I played this hand, but I felt on the flop that I had him for sure, he probably would have raised Aces, Queens and AQ.

The turn was a bit of a scare card, but with him being aggressive on the flop, I couldn't imagine him having hit a straight with KJ for example.

In hindsight, I may have had to lead the turn, or even push to his bet.

But then this pot sized river bet confuses me. He has seen me call (a bit like a calling station, yes) all the way, so why such a big bet? If he wants to bet a set for value, wouldn't he have bet a little less?

But anyway, this decision was a hard one, but how do you think I played the hand, and what should I do on the river?

My line of thought from the flop onwards, was getting a cheap showdown, I didn't know if my 2 pair was good enough.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: NL10 Tough spot with two pair

Bet more on the flop 0,2 seem right. If you reraise him raise to 1,30 - 1,50 and after his second reraise I would PUSH. Two pair is the nuts against a 50 VPIP. As played I would defintely raise the turn and call his allin. You see Ax there a lot. Maybe he limped with AK or AJ.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:22 AM

I like pushing the flop as well. Against a 50 VPIP, I think top-middle is good against a better part of his range, despite his previously episodes of passiveness. In addition, I don't feel comfortable with a bunch of turn and river combinations to play this hand any further.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 AM

i bet pot on the flop, once he re raises me i probably push flop here. people really get fond of their AJ A10 hands here when they think "he can't have AQ here, he would have raised pre so my AJ A10 is good"