Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Traveling to Vegas and effect on my game

I live in Michigan on EST and have traveled to Vegas several times during the last few months. Typically I have arrived at night and have been pretty tired and out of sorts the first few days. I have struggled with lossing sessions and not playing my best. It has also been difficult when I arrive in Vegas because all I really going there to do is play poker, eat, and sleep. But when I am at home I might play a couple evening sessions each weekend and that is it. Any more than that I my results go down, and I kind of get burned out on poker. SO when I am in Vegas I realized I need to pace myself.

I think I need to start off at lower limits too since there is a lot of poker to be played and since I am not feeling my normal self when I first arrive.

I am considering arriving in the afternoon the next time I go to Vegas to get adjusted and get a decent nights sleep the first night.

It's just that when I arrive I am so excited to go play and experience Vegas the last thing I want to do is sleep, but I also dont want to be a couple grand in the hole either.

I enjoy poker a lot more when I am playing my best and winning and when you start off in the hole it makes the experience miserable.

Does anyone else experience this? How do others from the east coast deal with time and money management when arriving in Vegas?