Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Moneybrookers - increasing my outgoing transaction limit?

I signed up for moneybrookers account and my transaction limit is about 8k per 3 month period. I find this inadequate. Has anyone been able to increase this?

I can't use Neteller from Thailand. I also can't get UB to send me a cheque because I'm not in my home country to cash it and haven't been there for over a year and don't plan to be there anytime soon.

Any ideas?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Moneybrookers - increasing my outgoing transaction limit?

You can do an address verification with them to increase your limit. Apply through your account online and they will send a letter to you with a verification code to input. Obviously the whole process will take a few weeks.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I signed up for moneybrookers account and my transaction limit is about 8k per 3 month period. I find this inadequate. Has anyone been able to increase this?

I can't use Neteller from Thailand. I also can't get UB to send me a cheque because I'm not in my home country to cash it and haven't been there for over a year and don't plan to be there anytime soon.

Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummmm...click the "Increase" link immediately to the right of your "remaining" limit amount on your summary page, and follow the step-by-step instructions there? Probably a crazy idea, but it might be worth a try!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can do an address verification with them to increase your limit. Apply through your account online and they will send a letter to you with a verification code to input. Obviously the whole process will take a few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I did that, and that didn't increase my limit. I also verified a bank account which did increase it a bit, but not enough. And Since I live in Thailand and my CC is Australian, it won't allow that card to be verified to increase my limit.

[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm...click the "Increase" link immediately to the right of your "remaining" limit amount on your summary page, and follow the step-by-step instructions there? Probably a crazy idea, but it might be worth a try!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already done that. It's still far too low.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough...you didn't mention that in your OP, and your limits seemed too low for you to have done anything.

Which brings me to my next question...what's with that limit? What currency is that in? I've only done 2 of the verifications as well (address & CC), and my limit is 16K US$. I assumed the limit amounts were fairly standard...maybe they're not.

My only suggestion would be to email them and see what they can do. Unfortunately, they're not real quick to respond, to say the least.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:00 AM

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunately, they're not real quick to respond, to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, email is terrible with MB. I would recommend calling them for sure.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:56 AM

Mine is also only 8K and i'm not very happy with it. But I have heard that some people have those limits several times higher. Will the limit grow when you have been using monebookers longer or smth?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that? I remember doing all the verification steps except for credit card and had my limit at around 18K.

I also asked for and did an additional photo id and bank statement verification step to get another 10K limit increase. So my limit was around 28K.

What currency is your MB account?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:43 AM

<font color="blue"> Sry to color my reply, but i have the info you're looking for.

Step 1: Do all the verification steps you can see on their website, and it will get you up to around 15 - 20K USD.

Step 2: CALL them and tell them you still need a higher limit and the phone rep will tell you about additional methods that can get u an even higher outgoing transfer limit which aren't mentioned on their webpage...i forget what they are, but i think they're things like scanning a gov-issued ID and some other stuff.

**I've done most of them and have my limit up to around 28K also, and there are even 1 or 2 more that I think I could do that would have me up to in the neighborhood of 35K USD. And don't forget that it's a 90-day rolling period. So while 35K still might not be enough for high-stakes playes, that's 140K / yr...if ur a consistently winning player, hopefully u don't have to deposit that much anyway -- no, it's not Neteller, but it's not bad either.
</font>
Old 05-31-2007, 10:45 AM

My limit is around USD 40K. All I did was send a scanned copy of my passport (government issued as mentioned) and a copy of my cell phone bill that had my address on it. That was about a year ago when moneybookers was still a smaller operation and might have been a little bit more liberal about raising the limits of their customers

bate_nasko