5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $40.70
Hero: $29.25
Button: $7.10
SB: $25
BB: $37.35

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $11.5</font>, Hero folds.

Hand 2 Seemed like a good spot for a turn bet, if so how much and was it bad to fold?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $25
UTG+1: $32
CO: $24.65
Button: $71.95
SB: $26.50
BB: $35.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($2.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.75</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.85, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $5.25</font>, Hero folds.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: 25NL A couple tough spots

1st hand,
whats the point in 3betting here if you are folding to a mini-raise? Ok you could be beat and maybe a fold is justified if he pushes, but to leave $18+ on the table? you are getting over 3-1 so its a call for me.

2nd hand

Your villian here still has about $24 behind him and you have 9 outs to the nuts and 3 outs to almost nuts (save for your Op having 78, I probably call, another poster will tell me if I have the "Math" to call
Old 05-30-2007, 08:42 PM

2nd hand - i would have folded A7s UTG.

Lets say 12 outs, using rule of 2, thats 24%/3:1 pot odds to call. You're being offered 2:1 on the turn, but if you factor in effective odds of stacking your opponent on the river, it might just be sufficient odds to call
Old 05-30-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1st hand,
whats the point in 3betting here if you are folding to a mini-raise? Ok you could be beat and maybe a fold is justified if he pushes, but to leave $18+ on the table? you are getting over 3-1 so its a call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

reverse implied odds makes this a decent fold. if he calls the minbet, the pot will lay 22:18.

if the flop contains an ace or k, you will have to fold to an ai, if the flop comes all raggish unders, AK will fold to an ai or AA and KK will insta call.

the above was assuming that villain will play straightforward, if at any point he decides to bluff or mix up his play, we will be utterly destroyed on this hand. the only way to salvage this hand isif we had a read on villain that would allude to him playing a range greater than AA, KK, AK in this manner.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1st hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

reverse implied odds makes this a decent fold. if he calls the minbet, the pot will lay 22:18.

if the flop contains an ace or k, you will have to fold to an ai, if the flop comes all raggish unders, AK will fold to an ai or AA and KK will insta call.

the above was assuming that villain will play straightforward, if at any point he decides to bluff or mix up his play, we will be utterly destroyed on this hand. the only way to salvage this hand isif we had a read on villain that would allude to him playing a range greater than AA, KK, AK in this manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point: what if the flop contains a Q? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM

In Hand 1, can I really just call the .75 cents, I feel like I have to 3 bet and when I get raised I feel I'm defintley beat. I can't call for set value either here.

As for Hand 2, I feel like I won't stack my opponent here with the obvious flush draw coming in OOP.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Hand 1, can I really just call the .75 cents, I feel like I have to 3 bet and when I get raised I feel I'm defintley beat. I can't call for set value either here.

As for Hand 2, I feel like I won't stack my opponent here with the obvious flush draw coming in OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, you can certainly just call the .75, you're in position vs. the initial raiser and you've got a relatively small pot to let him define his hand for you.

Hand 2, don't worry about the turn, your pot equity on draws diminshes greatly on fourth street. The hand seems fine.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:26 PM

1 is nasty. dont 4-bet/fold especially with a hand as strong as QQ. I prefer calling and shoving alot of flops, or calling pf and at LEAST calling a nice flop. (not sure on the rr-ing requirements of these levels).

2 bet the turn yourself. few reasons:

-K is a great scare card and youll get plenty of hands to fold that beat us.
-your draw is disguised. even though runner flushes are a small range to account for, it still disguised our draw.
- it sets your own price, oftentimes you can bet an amount that will be less than your opponent would bet. you can set your own price while still having a small amount of fold equity, so its the best of both worlds. the only problem is if he raises, which is a nasty spot. but i think that players will typically raise the flop with a hand instead of the turn.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1st hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point: what if the flop contains a Q? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

after hero's raise to $6.50, you essentially throw whatever implied odds hero was getting if he did flop a Q.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but before making that raise, you really should have planned out the hand at least to the action on the flop. If you were planning to fold to a raise after your 3-bet (to $6.50) then thats a fine as well.

However, I would have liked to a see a flop, and I too would not call $0.75 with QQ at these stakes for set value, but I would leave myself with some breathing room and raise it to an amount, that I can still profit from playing it for set value incase I am against AA or KK.

Consider a raise to $4, this is a raise of $2.25 (a weak raise, but will serve our purposes well), basing villain's raise will be a minraise (as displayed before), you are looking to get raised to $6.25, getting a call of $2.25 in a $10.25 pot, with $19 behind.

A good situation to call for set value.

In comparison to $5:$18, with $17.75, not enough to play for set value.

Your raise would be correct if and only if you knew villain had a hand he could not fold but was weaker than AK, AA and KK.