Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Quality of Rio WSOP cash games vs rest of strip

I searched around and didn't (or couldn't) find a post about this recently (forgive me TT if there was one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] you can delete if there was one). Anyways I am wondering about the quality of the cash games at the Rio during the WSOP vs the ones on the strip during the WSOP?

My dad went last year (I wasn't 21 yet) and said the convention center (or that huge room the WSOP is in) was noisy as hell and it was hard for him to hear (he is hard of hearing a lil). Not only that but I read in another post (forget which one) that the cash games were a mess last year? This true and if yes then why?

So with all that being said, which games do you think are softer during the WSOP? Ones at the Rio or ones on the strip? I'm a low/mid NL player (1/2, 2/4, 2/5) and just wanted to find the best place to play. I figure they won't be incredibly tough but if one stood out as softer than any others I would like to know from you. I will be down there with a group of people from June 18th - June 28th who aren't really gamblers so if you would also like to meet up and play some cards or drink or go to strip clubs or whatever just MSG me!

Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Quality of Rio WSOP cash games vs rest of strip

Every 2/5 game in vegas I played was easy I've played at 5 or 6 hotels and its all the same level of donkishness. It's possible, but unlikely, to sit at a tough table. Just find a seat and play position. Pay attention to the habitual bluffers and just value bet constantly.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks for the reply CHAx. With that being said (the games are soft everywhere) would any suggest going to the Rio to play any cash games at all? I might go to play a sat but if there is no real reason too then I will just stay on the strip. Anything cool about the WSOP cash games?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM

DawnToDusk - nobody really knows yet, its too early to determine. Why not ask next week after the cash games have started for the year? Anything is possible, I expect a lot of changes and progressions from last year. With that said they added 100 tables for cash game usage, so I expect more players to keep their action at Rio this year.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:02 PM

I will also be in vegas for the final table of the main event in july. i am also mostly a 2/5 NL player, but trying to move up. around what levels on the strip do you start running into tougher games and better players ? what times are best to play ? mostly at nites when everyone is tired and drinking ? any replies welcomed. thanks.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:04 PM

I'll surely check out the circus at the Rio next week and peep out the action. But there's no way I'll pass on playing at the Bellagio and MGM.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:05 PM

Awesome. I will ask in about two weeks so people can get back post some trip reports and get online and let me know what they think. Good idea TT.