Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Poker-edge vs Sixth-sense

I think both are datamining tool. But why PE is banned while SS is allowed in Pokerstar?

PE allows us to check on players' stat whom we never play against....but SS not? it is just a table selection tool? but it will also scan the lobby and check the players' stat on tables right?

also does stat from PE and SS accurate? i meant is it shows a player's overall stat? if that is the case, it would not be accurate, as if he played in HU or shorthanded cash game alot, the you will see his is too loose/aggr or calling station.

from the screenshot, PE seems able to filter which level of ring game for each player...does that means that stat only is that stat for that particular player on the level? but for cashgame it is still not accurate as normal ring game can be 9-2 players.....

thanks for any advice in advance....

sorry if any info already been presented in their respective website, as I didnt check thoroughly on their website.

thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Poker-edge vs Sixth-sense

I know PE has filters for FR and 6-max cash games, not sure about HU. If you're thinking of subscribing I recommend reading through their forums because there are tons of bug reports for just about every site it 'supports', and the developers seem to be too busy working on the next version to properly address the current bugs. I couldn't even use the damn thing on iPoker because the HUD rarely updated to reflect the current session, and multi-tabling sit n gos broke the HUD completely. I haven't tried it w/ Party or Stars because I respect their TOS.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:39 PM

thanks for the prompt reply.

so you were saying you were not able to use PE properly becuase HUD rarely updating to refelct the current session?
so PE is depending on HUD to do the data collection?

thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 08:53 PM

Sorry, I guess I missed the point of your post. PE Datamines open tables but all the data goes to their server and is added to their database. So you can only benefit from the datamining as long as you're a PE subscriber.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think both are datamining tool. But why PE is banned while SS is allowed in Pokerstar?

[/ QUOTE ]

The primary difference and reason is that Poker Edge's statistics are based upon the aggregate of data collected from all Poker Edge users through contact with a central server, while Sixth Sense uses only your own Poker Tracker data and (with its recent changes) does not contact a central server for any data whatsoever. Thus, Sixth Sense is not datamining. (If you are padding your Poker Tracker database through datamining with other tools, then your datamining is in violation of the terms of service, though. Your PT database of Stars hands should consist only of those hands you personally participated in.)

What Poker Edge does, you couldn't do manually with pencil and paper or excellent memory skills through your own observation using nothing but the PokerStars client.

What Sixth Sense does *could* be replicated by a person manually using nothing but the PokerStars client and a good memory.

Jester
Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 PM

thanks Jester.
Im still not fully understand.
If SS only use info from PT,
we could find those who is softer from PT data, and look for them in poker room.
SS is a table selection tool, only with PT data, it would not able to check tables that consist someone that we never play against with?
without dataminingm how SS is going to know which table is good for us?

thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SS is a table selection tool, only with PT data, it would not able to check tables that consist someone that we never play against with?

without dataminingm how SS is going to know which table is good for us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:50 PM

So SS is only find easy table based on the PT data. we could just find who is softer opponents in pt data and find them in poker room..though it is troublesome but it is worth paying monthly to SS just for them to search PT data?

I think i missed something here....SS must do more than this, right?

thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So SS is only find easy table based on the PT data. we could just find who is softer opponents in pt data and find them in poker room..though it is troublesome...

I think i missed something here....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, if you think about it, I would think that you could figure out what you missed.

P.S. Hint: i.e., 30 tables at your limit, players changing tables/leaving constantly, and you're going to "find" all of them in your PT data, then find which tables they're all at,and be able see if the fishy ones have big stacks or not, and do this before players leave or change tables, etc..

Good luck.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:44 PM

thanks