Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 12:58 PM

Default NL 10 AK, multible questions

1. I know AK is a very strong hand, but I feel a bit uncomfortable raising here, but calling and letting 3 other guys see the flop is very bad ...
do you raise or call ?
If you raise pre, how much do you raise ? Is 1.25 okay if so, whats the rule of thumb here ?

2. Now the flop comes only lowcards, rather connected and two suited ...
I knew contibetting versus one single oppent is almost allways right this is even more true if he checked to me but:
He has like 5$ left, the pot is 3$ ...
I just noticed that if I raise to 2.60 I've to call his CRAI b/c of the favourable odds ...
Is pushing here the best way ?
Pushing seems so bad b/c better hands will call, worse will fold + its almost 200% of the pot ...
but checking seems retarted too ...

Right now I'm thinking Contibet(a bit less) and calling his push is the best way b/c 1) I have FE, 2) He might try to (semi)bluff me out of the hand with a worse hand like AQ or a flushdraw.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $6.55
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $11.35</font>
UTG: $5.60
UTG+1: $7.80
MP1: $4.55
MP2: $10.40
MP3: $2.50
CO: $0.45
BTN: $24.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">MP1 raises to $0.25</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.20, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.60</font>, SB calls $2.60

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($8.20) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $7.50</font>, SB calls all-in for $2.70
Uncalled bet of $4.80 returned to Hero

<font color="black">River:</font> ($13.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $13.60 ($1.35 Rake)
Old 05-30-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: NL 10 AK, multible questions

I don't mind the 3bet preflop, though I'd probably make it higher if I'm going to make one at all, something more like $2, given the number of callers. Out of position, I'll call with AK a decent chunk of the time, as well.

Once you've gotten a caller on the 3bet - particularly since it's the SB, against whom you'll have position - I probably don't cbet this particular flop. There's too much reason for him to hang around with a lot of hands that are beating you - every pocket pair is either an overpair or has some kind of straight outs - and you're not really burning to fold out the KQs of the world, either. Take the free card.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:09 PM

im not sure about FR but I like the way you played it, bettin sizes look good too...but if you didnt know there is a FR forum you may get more feedback there
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 PM

AK is def a hand that plays better against a single opponent, because while it is a drawing hand, most often you are looking at TPTK type situations vs hands like J10 where you are looking at primarily draw type situations.

That being said, you don't want to be in a 4 way pot on a coordinated board vs 4 opponents, so the raise here is

A) always good

B) should be standard

small caveat to this, is in position vs an early raiser on a FR type table, as long as the hand is heads up I will often call with AK here.

It disguise your hand, and you still have advantage because you have position on the PFR and with a hand like AK I want to put my money in Postflop, not Preflop at this level.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:18 PM

oh ... I really didnt know bout the FR forum, thx... thank you
Old 05-30-2007, 01:27 PM

at 10NL esp w/ AK, i really dont mind at all puttin my money in preflop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]