Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 08:44 AM

Default 10/20 Foxwoods, Possibly not best draw on the flop

Fairly LAG 10/20 LHE game at Foxwoods, lots of 3-4 way capped pots, I sat with about $500 apx. 40 minutes before this hand, had a tight image played two pots past the flop with AK and JJ, hit two pair with AK, set with JJ, good table image, have roughly $700 in front of me.
BB dealt: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG: raises UTG + 2: Calls, CO: Calls Button: Calls SB: folds I call in the BB.
Flop comes down 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I lead out, UTG raises, UTG + 2: 3 bets CO: Calls Button caps....
Back to me, is it worth paying this knowing if I miss I'll be priced in to calling 4 BB on the turn?
Old 05-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: 10/20 Foxwoods, Possibly not best draw on the flop

yes, the pot is huge and you have a monster draw
Old 05-30-2007, 10:06 AM

I think this is a clear fold. You have no obvious clean outs to scoop the pot -- someone may already have J9 or T9...and there is a good chance that someone has a better flush draw. If you hit on the turn, anyone with a set (or better str8/fl draw) has massive redraws.

With 4 other players in the pot, it is -EV to call 3 more on the flop...that being said, I don't know how the Foxwoods 10/20 plays.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:07 AM

wow - would love to hear your reasoning for betting the flop. seems absolutely terrible to me.

also, no way in hell should you fold this in a laggy game.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow - would love to hear your reasoning for betting the flop. seems absolutely terrible to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the flop in hopes of it being capped back to me with several callers. I mean - that's why i would bet this flop.

Totally answered OP by answering your post.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:08 AM

I would call. Its 3 small bets to you in what should be a 30 small bet pot. I figure you probably have 8 outs or so for 5 to 1 pot odds.

If the turn misses you - even if it is capped it would be 4 big bets to you in a 35 big bet pot. Still getting correct odds to call in my opinion - unless the board pairs then use your judgement depending on the number of turn bets.

I play the 10/20 @ Foxwoods a bit - and in a similar hand I folded JJ in the CO to 3 bets on a 985r flop only to see, with horror, a one bet turn and a one bet river in which the best hand had TT.

So even if a Q hit on the river, I would call. If a 9 hit I would think about calling though I believe we are beat.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 PM

Not sure if I would lead out here on the flop. I think I would have checked the flop and raised the UTG + 2. Think UTG + is working with pocket pair here or something like A K or A Q off suit. You may get a little worried if another diamond comes on the bored since UTG maybe suited. Plus you have some callers here. Your outs are compromised, but IMO you have to many outs(have to also consider a lot of halfouts) to think about folding and not betting and raising. I get that 5 of diamonds or a regular 5 Im betting and reraising on turn if I hit my straight. The check than reraise should work here for a free river card.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:45 PM

No way I am folding this. The pot figures to lay you 10 to 1. Its enough overlay for the possibility of DD. Its by dragging these large pots you win any serious money in 10-20.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:05 PM

Thanks for all the responses, I have a much different vision of this hand now then when I started. I would say more but would like to keep going here, turn comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] action on me, what are you thinking about doing with our position?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 PM

Check, and see what happens.