Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 08:48 PM

Default WSOP spectating questions...

quick question.

i am going to vegas 6/7-6/15 for vacation. I'm not going to play any of the WSOP events but figured I would go over there just take a peek during some of the events. How easy is it to actually sit and watch some of these events? I assume they only allow so many people to go in and if so, is there a huge wait in line? Any advice for someone just wanting to watch a little bit of the action going on?

Since it will be some of the lesser games going on while I'm there, I didn't know if it would be relatively easy or a pure madhouse...

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: WSOP spectating questions...

You can wander around between the tables pretty freely. You can even kiss my ring when you see me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The only time they give people grief is during the Main Event. It would be helpful if you got out of the way during the breaks, but no one else does, so I guess you don't need to either.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 PM

I think hes talking about the final tables
Old 05-29-2007, 09:24 PM

thanks...i was talking about both but i was assuming they didn't let people walk freely during the tournament because too many people would be asking Doyle for an autograph while he was playing or something...

so i'm pretty free to roam the card room if i'm not bothering folks playing?
Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 PM

They have ropes set up to create aisles to separate the spectators from the participants. No, they do not want spectators wandering around freely between the tables. You can get away with it for a short while since they don't have an easy way to tell if you're a player returning to your seat, but if you just stand around over Negreanu's shoulder you can expect someone to ask you to move back behind the ropes. And no, you probably ain't sittin' nowhere. You can stand and watch from the ropes. And they have bleachers set up to let some subset of folks watch the final table but they are often full.

Best time for stargazing is during things like the $50K HORSE or $5K PLO...the non-hold'em events that the riffraff don't participate in as much.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can wander around between the tables pretty freely. You can even kiss my ring when you see me. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] The only time they give people grief is during the Main Event. It would be helpful if you got out of the way during the breaks, but no one else does, so I guess you don't need to either.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were ejecting spectators just before the breaks late last year, but I don't know if that was only during the ME or if they intend to continue the policy.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 AM

You should stay behind the ropes, but that still gets you right next to probably a third of the tables. I can't remember any of the preliminary events having full bleachers for the final table except maybe the Hachem/Boyd one, although I obviously didn't see them all and didn't really focus on seat availability for spectators. They didn't eject spectators during the other events than day one/two of the ME, as best I remember.