Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Flop decision: flopped a boat. Check,bet,cr?

Commerce $500NL Tournament (shootout)
20 minutes into the first round, table is tight. Villain has been active and c-bet flops.
25/25. 1500.
Hero (1450) UTG limp 33.
Fold,fold,fold...
Button (1300)raises to 100. Fold,fold.Hero call.

2 players, pot 250.
Flop QQ3.

Hero check. (check is good?)
Villain bets 200.
Hero?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Flop decision: flopped a boat. Check,bet,cr?

Makes it 600.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce $500NL Tournament (shootout)
20 minutes into the first round, table is tight. Villain has been active and c-bet flops.
25/25. 1500.
Hero (1450) UTG limp 33.
Fold,fold,fold...
Button (1300)raises to 100. Fold,fold.Hero call.

2 players, pot 250.
Flop QQ3.

Hero check. (check is good?)
Villain bets 200.
Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would often make a bet on this flop. I believe that if they have a pair like TT-AA we probably get all their chips, or at least very decent chances, because they can put us on 55-99 or something.

I think the main concern is how to maximize our EV against non pair hands like AK, AJ etc etc. I feel that the best way to do so is to bet out the flop. But for this to be best you have to be confident on your read that he isn't ever folding AA-99 no matter what and also that he is likely to slow down/fold any nonpair hands if you check raise the flop.

Check calling the flop is also an option but I feel like it runs into serious danger of losing our market if he has something like TT/99 and a ace, king, or jack fall on the turn.

I do think that they are unlikely to simply fold if you make a small-medium sized bet on the flop and may very well raise you.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:09 AM

lead the flop they put you on a small pair because it's obv by your limp/call PF and often make a move. I don't mind the limp/call but your hand is faceup as a small pair make it look as little like 33 as poss.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:22 AM

Anything but checkraise. Many players in this tournament are not very strong and will not understand a flop lead or a flop call and turn lead. I think a flop check raise screams trips to many players because they would only make this play with a Queen. Some players will fold strong hands to a check raise that they would not fold to a flop or turn lead.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lead the flop they put you on a small pair because it's obv by your limp/call PF and often make a move. I don't mind the limp/call but your hand is faceup as a small pair make it look as little like 33 as poss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lead the flop is also good. But against this villain who c-bets flop a lot, I didn't lead. Due to the stack size and the turn's pot size, I want to c/r the turn. BTW, there are two spades on the the board.

I don't know if my turn plan makes senses if he checks behind. Anyway, I want to hear the entire line here. call/call/bet, call/check/bet or others...
Old 05-30-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lead the flop is also good. But against this villain who c-bets flop a lot, I didn't lead. Due to the stack size and the turn's pot size, I want to c/r the turn. BTW, there are two spades on the the board.

I don't know if my turn plan makes senses if he checks behind. Anyway, I want to hear the entire line here. call/call/bet, call/check/bet or others...

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually bet/check bet if you want to c/c call flop I like call check check