Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 05:38 PM

Default NL 10 - 66 bet the Turn ?

Only little Samplesize.
I feel pretty lost with small to medium pockets in every but late position.
I raised b/c he almost played every hand (high PFR + VPIP) and I have a good chance to have the best hand.

Flop and Turn okay ?
I feel lost on the Turn ...
He saw seven showdowns and won none of them

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $8.25
BB: $18.50
UTG: $4.55
UTG+1: $5.55
MP1: $6.50
MP2: $8.20
<font color="black">Hero (MP3): $10.00</font>
CO: $10.00
BTN: $9.85

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">93.3 / 46.7 / 0.56 / 15
Vpip PFR AF Hands</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.45</font>, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.35
Uncalled bet of $0.00 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($1.05) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.80</font>, MP1 calls $0.80

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($2.65) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.30</font>
Old 05-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: NL 10 - 66 bet the Turn ?

I don't really know about full ring, but I'd probably check the turn for pot control.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:42 PM

You are kind of bashing your head into a wall here. Against a semi tight player, your raise PF, c-bet and double barrel will likely cause a fold.

Against this character, you need to be betting for value. You are better off limping with a hand like 66, that way when you hit your hand hard you can take him to valuetown, because he is not folding.

Recognize that certain players it is just absolutely a waste of money to keeping potting flops and turns in an effort to get them to fold there TP/NK.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Against this character, you need to be betting for value. You are better off limping with a hand like 66[...]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought betting preflop is the best option b/c I crush the range of this loose preflop player.
Is this way of thinking wrong ?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 PM

Preflop at FR, you're better off limping behind simply because of the number of players you're up against and the equity of 66 against all opponents you could face. As played, I think you get value from your flop bet on a board with a single overcard, but against an aggressive/passive opponent with a wide open range, I think you need to check behind the turn. Usually you can showdown for free against this player. If he bets the river, I think it's an easy laydown.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:42 PM

Raising is fine here because your in position but i think you need to be playing this hand mostly for set value. You did get a nice flop and theres a high possibility your ahead on the flop and you have the Gutshot so a bet on the flop for value is fine.

Now comes the turn and he checks to you, It Another overcard and i would take the free card to keep the pot a reasonable size and get a free look at the river and chance to hit your gutshot or trips. He might see that as weakness and take a stab at the river, if you hit one of your outs you can RR him and if you miss maybe call it down but the pot is small so you wont have to call a huge bet.

Just be patient against this guy and wait until you make a decent hand and value bet him, Mid Pocket Pairs looked Good on the flop, but by the turn and then the river there not going to look so good because he has such a wide range here so as youve a drawing hand take the free card on the turn and re-evaluate the river because you have position.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are kind of bashing your head into a wall here. Against a semi tight player, your raise PF, c-bet and double barrel will likely cause a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what we want. On this hand anyway. pre-flop in FR I would limp a hand like 66 here...definitely raise in 6 max but that's not relevant. Anyway once we get to the turn that looks like a very nice turn card to double barrel on.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:12 PM

Where are you getting the semi tight player from:

Reads: 93.3 / 46.7 / 0.56 / 15
Vpip PFR AF Hands

Albeit too small of a sample to be sure

Edit Ohh i see now, the quote was taken out of context and as said this villain isnt going to fold to a double barrell