Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Stars SnG: $5 vs. $10 - any difference?

I have been playing more $10's recently and while I don't have significant ROI numbers yet, I have to say there's no difference in quality as far as I am concerned. They are equally horrid.

Has anyone played both levels over longer periods with comparable numbers?
How much more difficult are the $22's? (nope, I'm not planning to move up again)
Old 05-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Stars SnG: $5 vs. $10 - any difference?

Well I would hope you plan to move up at some point because it's basically free money up to the 30's.

The 5's and 10's are pretty similar, but you will run into more regulars at the 10's. Your long term ROI should drop slightly as you move up each level.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I would hope you plan to move up at some point because it's basically free money up to the 30's.

The 5's and 10's are pretty similar, but you will run into more regulars at the 10's. Your long term ROI should drop slightly as you move up each level.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft
Old 05-29-2007, 07:55 PM

what does "qft" mean???

and while we're at it, what is "ldo"???
Old 05-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Quoted for truth and like duh obviously.

Spend more time in BBV.

So far everything up to the 33s has been fairly bad players IMO. 55s have better players, also a lot of the big losers at the 55s are just degens who play way too high when they are on a heater and lose it all to those 220-550 sharks. So it's kind of misleading sometimes when you see a big loser in a 55, even a 33 at times. Look at the average stake and ROI per level and you see they have a 15% ROI at the 55s but have dropped 5k at the 220s.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:32 PM

I just finished off playing 33 $6 + $0.25 Turbo HU No Limit Hold'em SNGs at Stars. I had 19 wins (14 losses). The average match was about 10 minutes.

I accidently played a $22 + $1 Turbo HU No Limit Hold'em SNG. Lucky for me the guy was terrible (Super Tight) and he was finished off in 12 minutes.

So I profited $41.75 after grinding it out for around 5 hours. I seemed to do A LOT better when I only ran one table at a time. I 4 tabled earlier and played really sloppy.

I will be keeping a log every day, as the only thing I am doing is playing these HU SNGs.

Oh and to answer your question, I haven't seen much difference as I have stepped up a few levels, but if you ask me the $6.00 + $0.25 Turbos are GOLD. I really did not play my best today and easily turned a nice profit.

I'm hoping to go between +$40 and +$150 from running these for a few hours every day. It seems to me that the juiciest time frame is from about 5:00 PM Central - 11:00 PM Central.

Occassionally you'll run into an HU Superstar, but most of the time you run into people who don't belong anywhere near a poker game.

<font color="red">Cliffnotes: $6.00 + $0.25 Turbo HU SNGs are +EV</font>