Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 02:31 AM

Default Stanzee\'s alternative to ZeeJustin\'s article....

I read Zee's article about ICM/blind stealing. I wasn't surprised to find nothing groundbreaking in the column, and i expect the same is true for most 2+2ers... Now, i realise the article MAY have been written for people who know nothing about ICM.. okay that's fine. The problem is that article is not going to reach many people who know nothing about ICM, and if it does it presents its own problems... here's why:

"So.. ZeeJustin writes an article on ICM. Some guy (who we'll call Fred) who knows nothing about ICM and thinks blind stealing is only for morons reads ZeeJustins article. Fred is now sitting in the SB with blinds at 200/400. By sheer coincidence ZeeJustin is sitting in the BB in the same SNG. Now Fred looks down at his JT in the SB, and ponders. Yesterday Fred would of folded his JT in the small blind for fear of ZeeJustin busting him out in 4th place (you see, Fred is a tight player who doesn't know how to adjust to the late game). Fred, having now read ZeeJustins article now finds this an easy push.. ZeeJustin quickly folds his A2. Fred is like "wow", this sh it works! Meanwhile, ZeeJustin has unwittingly just cost himself a significant amount of equity... now good players can't afford to cost themselves equity can they? In fact ZeeJustin may as well have thrown some money into a nearby bonfire when he wrote that article... not only that he may as well have thrown some of my money into that bonfire as well as some of YOURS!"

Okay, the amounts of money you might lose due to someone learning from that article will be insignificant or even ZERO, but on a week where party have made ICM even more significant than ever in their new speed tournys i would suggest, if you want the good times to carry on much longer in SNGs, you all stop discussing ICM. Believe me, there will come a time when the easy money in SNGs will come to an end, and you'll all have to start putting in a bit of effort into winning money in poker.

I mean, i have no problems with that guy (Eastbay is it?) selling copies of SNGPT or someone writing books on poker. At least they're making money from it! but why give information away for free? You're indirectly hurting your own bottom line, and the amounts in the long term you are throwing away are incalculable.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Stanzee\'s alternative to ZeeJustin\'s article....

Stanzee, are you fit to tie shoelaces yet?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:09 AM

umm...so everyone should immediately stop posting hands, thoughts, and responses here for the same reason??
Old 02-20-2006, 03:17 AM

Televised poker is killing everything too. People watch WPT and WSOP, sign up at a poker site, and take all the money, its so easy.

I was a HUGE donk here, and Ive still got a long way to go. I thank and appreciate everyone who has helped me. I'm sure youved learned a thing or two of this forum, isnt it hypocritical to kill off the info now?
Old 02-20-2006, 03:17 AM

Hahahahahahahaha

Wait, you were serious, weren't you? Let me laugh harder.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-20-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Televised poker is killing everything too. People watch WPT and WSOP, sign up at a poker site, and take all the money, its so easy.

I was a HUGE donk here, and Ive still got a long way to go. I thank and appreciate everyone who has helped me. I'm sure youved learned a thing or two of this forum, isnt it hypocritical to kill off the info now?

[/ QUOTE ]

The big difference with televised poker is that a lot of people misinterpret what they see and apply it incorrectly when they play online. And yes, let's kill the information off. The material is all here if you want to look for it.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure youved learned a thing or two of this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Stanzee doesn't need to learn from fish like us. He is "the special" one. So special in fact, that he rode the special bus to school. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2006, 03:30 AM

Hey jackass, in this case no one should ever help anyone. So why do you keep reading and posting in these forums huh?

You're a [censored] prat.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:35 AM

why is everyone giving him the attention he wants but doesnt deserve? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2006, 03:36 AM

Unfortunately the precious seconds of my life that were used to click through and read this thread are something I will never get back.