Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 01:39 PM

Default 3/6 Stars - Do I ValueBet This River

5-handed

I raise UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
button calls
sb - 3 bets
I dont remember stats on sb but he hasn't 3-bet out of the blinds once and he definitely wasn't overly aggressive.
All call

flop - A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

sb bets. I raise. button folds. sb reraises. I call

turn - A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
sb - bets. I call

river - 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
sb checks. I check.

How did I play on turn and river?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Stars - Do I ValueBet This River

Turn & river are good; this is a Mubs AK usually.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:57 PM

I think it's o.k. but it would depend a lot on how many hands SB has played with me. I think here the best play actually might be to just call down now from the flop on. I think that if a passive guy that never 3 bet before does so now and bets this flop I'm thinking I'm WA/WB. I don't like to raise the flop because there's a good chance he's going to 3 bet A better hand or fold a worse one (even if he doesn't fold the flop he probably will on the turn UI). About the only thing I think that raising will help us is if he's got KQs or QQ or KK.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's o.k. but it would depend a lot on how many hands SB has played with me. I think here the best play actually might be to just call down now from the flop on. I think that if a passive guy that never 3 bet before does so now and bets this flop I'm thinking I'm WA/WB. I don't like to raise the flop because there's a good chance he's going to 3 bet A better hand or fold a worse one (even if he doesn't fold the flop he probably will on the turn UI). About the only thing I think that raising will help us is if he's got KQs or QQ or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
I raised because it a was fairly big pot due to the 3-bet preflop. I don't want the button hanging around with a draw or I want to make him pay 2 bets for it.

What is Mubs?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:07 PM

we need to raise the flop to protect our hand from the player OTB. heads up I would take a wa/wb line.

meh I bet the river because I don't think anyone checks trip aces even with the 3rd diamond coming down. pretty sure he will show up with something like QQ KK KJs > 1/2 the time.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:06 PM

raising the flop HU would be a leak, this is fine here on the flop with button behind. I think u can fold a blank turn, but I doubt I could fold the A turn either and actually shouldnt with chops outs and real outs vs better hands with these pot odds.

based on ur read and preflop I think ur behind way more than 50% of the time when he doesnt fold to ur river bet. Sometimes he ll be check calling AK-AT thinking u ll value bet worse hands and he can avoid a fd's raise, worse trips likely arent in his range, the rest of the time it ll be a boat or something like KQdd going for a sexy.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
based on ur read and preflop I think ur behind way more than 50% of the time when he doesnt fold to ur river bet. Sometimes he ll be check calling AK-AT thinking u ll value bet worse hands and he can avoid a fd's raise, worse trips likely arent in his range, the rest of the time it ll be a boat or something like KQdd going for a sexy.

[/ QUOTE ] That was exactly my thinking. However, I am most worried about a value bet when he holds KK, QQ and would call down. I had been playing very aggressively at the table and he easily could have thought I was FOS and trying to represent the A. Then, when the second A shows on the turn it looks like I am even more FOS and likely on a J at best or the draw. The only thing that dissuaded me from this is that he 3-bet the flop. If he thought I was FOS there is no reason for him to 3-bet.

He turned over 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which completely shocked me. He definitely thought I was 100% FOS and he was going to keep representing the A. He most likely would have folded if I bet the river. But, there is a non-zero chance he would have called the 88 given the quality of his play.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:09 PM

Yeah, bet the river all day - my initial reaction on his turn lead was PP/Jack-broadway. I can't see a better ace playing the hand this way.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:43 PM

super easy riverbet. super easy. this is a great river. sometimes if he best i will raise this here because he will only call with worse than a flush and sometimes have an overplayed pocketpair.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading the other replies I just can't emphasize enough how much I agree with this. Who 3bets an underpair on the flop oop & c/c's the river flush card? If he's type A he's following thru on the river & type B is calling down from the flop & besides that I still think a bigger A afraid of the flush is his mot likely hand. No way is there any value in this bet; the only reason OP posted it was cause he had 88.