Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 AM

Default More 2/5 live...AK in the big blind with lots of limpers, flop 2 pair

This game is 2/5, 200 max buy in, very fishy. The whole night I played there was not one time where it folded around to the blinds. People limping with garbage all over the place.

I'm sitting with around $450 and in the big blind with AK.

There are 5 limpers.

I raise it to 25.

I'm not sure about this. Being out of position sucks and you know all these loose, bad players want to see a flop. I'm thinking I should have either raised more or just checked it.

4 callers, maybe even 5 I'm not sure.

The flop comes a beautiful AK9 rainbow.

I bet out 50.

50 into a 125-150 pot? Okay for a live game with a huge hand or not? $75-$100 be much better? I shouldn't have check-raised right? Or just check-called? No way right?

UTG+3 calls He had around $400 to start the hand.

A 10 comes on the turn. I bet $100. He folds.

Not a really interesting hand but I just want to see how you all would have played it.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: More 2/5 live...AK in the big blind with lots of limpers, flop 2 pair

BTW I rele like ur avatar... neway with 5 limpers in this kinda game I'd raise to $40 probably. I like your flop bet sizing becuz these people sound stupid and you want to lure them in. I like your turn bet sizing as well. Played perfect because T hits their range for like AT, QT, 9T, KQ, and makes many diff straight draws like J9 or KJ, etc. I think your turn bet is necssary to protect your hand and get value from pair+draw kind of hands, at 2 pair probably shoves. So yea, too bad you didn't get paid but I think you played it very well.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: More 2/5 live...AK in the big blind with lots of limpers, flop 2 pair

Since your OOP with a big hand, you want to raise this to $50 I think. If the live game is loose pre, like most are, the standard raises are probably 5-10bb pf. You are almost guaranteed to get one caller with a large raise. Flop raise more,$90-100, because most likely hes calling a lot with any ace and maybe a king. Turn again fire 2/3 of pot and see what happens. The key to these loose live games is to not underplay when you hit big. You will get a lot of action on almost everyhand you play, so don't be afraid to stick it in there when you think your best.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: More 2/5 live...AK in the big blind with lots of limpers, flop 2 p

Thanks for the input guys. Going again tonight. Wish me luck!