Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Live 3/6 T8s in the SB

8-handed loose-passive game, with a LAG in the seat to my left.

Preflop: Hero is delt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the SB
3 limpers, button goes all in for 5, Hero calls, BB raises to 8, everyone calls.

Flop: (15 SB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players, 1 all in)
Hero checks, BB bets, everyone calls, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, 1 calls, 2 folds, Hero caps, everyone calls.

Turn: (14.5 BB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (4 players, 1 all in)
Hero checks, everyone else checks.

River: (14.5 BB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]][T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (4 Players, 1 all in)
Hero bets, BB raises, 1 call, Hero 3-bets, everyone calls.

Standard or wrong on every street?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Live 3/6 T8s in the SB

I think I would have folded pre-flop. You're oop and have a raiser in front of you. You've now hit your hand on the flop and you really don't know where you're at and you will only his your flush draw 1/3 times. However - since you've played it to the flop and have a good lot of outs you should continue. I really don't get why you are giving BB the chance to make it 3-bets here and then on top of that cap it yourself? I think it's fairly obvious here that BB has something like KK or even QQ and you're drawing to your flush or 10 (and if BB has QQ we can't even consider this an out).

All in all I just don't get why you played this hand in this way?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:31 AM

PF I'd call.

Button is sending less than one bet in, his range is pretty much 72s+ and probably any QXo or better, his range is HUGE here and you know BB probably is not folding at a discounted price which is giving you a little better than 5:1.

Flop CR is good but once BB 3bet (which is a draw seldom because he knows he's cutting his field out) I would just call, but I think capping is fine.

Turn check is superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr weird.
I really have no idea what he'd check here after B3B on flop and raising PF??? Maybe it is Ah Kh?
TT?

River confuses me some more. Honestly I'm absolutely baffled by this weirdo line. I mean I guess he'd check QT on the turn and pop the river, but gah, you checked the turn how can he not 3bet Top two there?

I'm just way too confused, closing action, and it's a 3way pot to do anything but just call the river.

Can you PM me BB's hand?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:10 AM

Preflop: I fold. It's close. I probably call in a 1/2 blind structure game.

Flop: Love it.

Turn: Good.

River: 3betting is spew.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:30 AM

Nied what kind of hand are you putting him on?

I can only think QT which is taking a super weirdo line.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nied what kind of hand are you putting him on?

I can only think QT which is taking a super weirdo line.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB's play is definately a bit odd here. The only hand that would really make sense on every street (not saying he made the correct play though) would be TT but that would mean that the case T had to fall on the river.

I'm really not sure but there shouldn't be very many hands at all that villian raises with on the river that hero beats and many of those villian will probably fold rather than call a 3bet.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 AM

The turn checks are totally out of whack. I could see AKh being a turn check, but then a river raise? Bizarre hand all the way. But when you've seen a royal checked on the river, or a guy quit betting his set of aces, then nothing surprises you live.

I'd have folded PF. Suited one-gappers OOP are not good hands, esp with a LAG on the left. (Seat change button, please?)
Old 05-28-2007, 12:17 PM

So, on the turn, I was pretty suprised by BB's check behind as well. I was fully expecting to pay one bet to try to hit my flush. Ultimately, the way he played preflop/flop made me think he had AA, KK, or AQ, and maybe JJ,TT,99. The only other time I'd seen him hit a set on the flop he slowplayed until the turn, so I didn't feel like he had QQ.

My flop c/r seemed pretty standard, given the size of the field and my certainty that c-bet (possibly unless he hit a monster), the cap was much thinner, but it completely disguised my hand, and since about half the deck improves my hand in some way on the turn, I think there was decent value in it as well.

As for the turn, I think my hyper-aggression on the flop confused him and made him afraid of getting c/r'd again. The other possibility is that he has AKh here, which would suck if I hit my flush, and presents the possibility that I'm actually ahead of a flush draw and a straight draw right now. I figure the other guy in the hand has some kind of weak queen or 65, T9, two hearts, or maybe 78. JT and 96 are possible too, I suppose.

When I hit two pair on the river I thought my hand was probably good, and I didn't want to risk it getting checked around again, so I bet out. BB raised... well... cause he's a lag and that's what they like to do. Seriously, the only hand I could think of him having here that beats me is TT, and given the case Ten would have just fallen, and that was one of the less likely hands I put him on, I didn't think TT was very likely. Also, if the cold-caller had hit some kind of whacky straight draw on the river, I'm pretty sure he 3-bets here. Maybe he has QT, which would suck, but pretty much all the other hands I thought he might have here I do beat. I probably should have just called the raise, cause it was a pretty confusing situation, but something about the way BB was acting made me feel like he was raising more out of frustration than confidence.

So, to summerize, I agree that the pf call, flop cap, and river 3-bet were all very thin, and possibely wrong.

(edited for grammar)
Old 05-28-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suited one-gappers OOP are not good hands, esp with a LAG on the left.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i hate it when i make a big hand and c/r the field and win a giant pot.

(not to say there aren't advantages to other positions relative to the LAG, but let's make some lemonade while the sun shines, as they say.)
Old 05-28-2007, 02:59 PM

Not to mention if the flop comes T high you can bet and get some hawt isolation.

I'd still take the lag on my right all day, but you know what, it's beautiful out, and I don't even have any lemonade.

So I'm leavin'!