Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 05:14 AM

Default JJ on QQx Flop 0.10/0.25 Ipoker

Some info on Villain,

56/17/1.2 and showdown % 62 after 137 hands and plays passive post flop, i just put a note on him to get into position against him because hed been folding to all my raises and RR post and preflop, i would of had an aggressive image mainly because the table was weak and its possible their starting to get sick of it. Id also been 3 betting more than normal because i was running hot but i took every hand down either preflop or on the flop, in fact the most i had lost on any hand up to this was 80c so basically everyone was folding to me.

Green Joke Poker Ermelo 0.10/0.20, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

Button ShaveMeShamrock ($43.05)
SB sandycfcno1 ($4.90)
BB cadepiaggio1 ($4.55)
UTG fresh02 ($9.20)
UTG+1 GutBusters ($24.36)
CO finno26 ($6.10)

Preflop: ShaveMeShamrock is on the Button with J J
fresh02 calls 0.20, GutBusters raises to 0.40, 1 fold, ShaveMeShamrock raises to 2, 2 folds, fresh02 calls 1.80, GutBusters calls 1.60.

Flop (6.30) 7 Q Q
fresh02 checks, GutBusters checks, ShaveMeShamrock bets 4, 1 fold, GutBusters calls 4.

Turn (14.30) T
GutBusters checks, ShaveMeShamrock??
Old 05-27-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Re: JJ on QQx Flop 0.10/0.25 Ipoker

3-bet PF, sorry, but it looks like he wants to play, you might as well put it in while your ahead.

Check the flop
Check the turn

Crovax
Old 05-27-2007, 01:45 PM

I suppose this is a largely read based decision as i cant argue with the logic of checking on the turn but when i RR him i felt i had the best hand and he was just getting sick of me 3betting and RR him, my Post Flop aggression was 3.4 for the whole session i played but id imagine it was much higher on this table and the other tables diluted it somewhat. Im usually playing at around 1.9 PF Agrression.

Anyway i was convinced he didnt have AA or KK as he was sure to RR me preflop and i taught it was very unlikely he had QQ and i felt he probably had some broadway cards or a PP and just called the 3bet out of fustration.

Of course when the 2 Queens dropped i wasnt delighted but i taught it was slightly unlikely he got a piece of them and was willing to gamble against that. I felt my JJ was still the best hand here and bet out. When he called and i seen the 3rd hart fall i was putting him on a lower PP or something like AK,AJ,AT,KJ,KT with 1 heart so i wasnt intent on letting him outdraw me to a 1 card Higher Flush, also if he did happen to have a Q i still had possible outs as i had the J of hearts so i bet out $10 into the $14 pot and he called and pushed on a blank river

Are we ahead enough times giving my read to call the all in for the last few dollars. I know normally against a decent player you should never bet the turn so hard but i really think my RR and 3 betting constantly (mostly because i was getting alot of very good hands) had him tilting and i think he felt i was doing this with air and so he was making a stand????????
Old 05-27-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet PF, sorry, but it looks like he wants to play, you might as well put it in while your ahead.

Check the flop
Check the turn

Crovax

[/ QUOTE ]

I did 3 bet PF
Old 05-27-2007, 02:14 PM

you actually might wanna check this flop given image.

as played, check turn, call 1/2 on river seems standard.

regarding turn and river action, if i read this right then he's shoving $8 into a $38 pot. If you bet turn like that you MUST call river given odds, don't think your good too often but folding is sick all things concidered.